1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone tell me if this is right?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Triple.O.G, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

Dudes, im looking to go lower on the rear with my coilovers, there is a rubber mount underneath the rear springs which is where you adjusters normally go (my adjusters are on top of the spring)

Anyone whos fit coilovers or seen there standard setup, can you tell me if i need this rubber bush at the bottom or if the spring will sit ok just on the metal platform?

Bottom of the spring:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top of spring:
    [​IMG]

Thanks.
  2. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Mine had the spring perch at the bottom, though I'm not sure it makes much difference as long as it's all secure?
  3. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

Do you think i would be ok to leave the adjuster on top and remove the rubber perch from underneath? im not sure if it will sit securly enough?

Thanks.
  4. unikarl

unikarl Member

If the rubber is removed the chances are you will get a bit of noise from the spring. I had an issue with a mk4 golf I had and it turned out to be a missing piece of rubber.