Anyone seen Tony MC recently.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really, not seen him on the forum since mid august, hope he's ok , used to be on a lot ...but just seems to have dropped off the B7 page.

rob

Tbh mate I haven’t been on for ages but thanks for noticing haha.

I had noticed you haven't been on aswell, in fact a lot of the chaps have not been around for some time....maybe a lot are changing cars now or just have no time to login in.
anyway, now I have your attention chap, hows things and is the car behaving itself .

Reactions: Dani_B19
I'm going to send an email to all the normal suspects on the B7 section that have not been on for a while telling them to get themselves back on as we miss the witty banter and total madness of it all...haha

Reactions: Sandra and martin1984
Well.....

I did a problemsome oil change just before a week to the lakes that really peed me off with the motor, on top of that I realised the a4 is just too small for us, a week in the lakes with the Mrs and our 18 month old made me realise we need more room even with a 320l roof box and not to mention we’re thinking of having another one would mean the a4 would be a nightmare.

This got thinking about a new motor, been looking at disco 3’s and Touareg, then after more in depth reasearching I realised they would both be a nightmare to run, the mpg and tax is shocking to say the least.

This then moved me onto looking at freelander 2’s and tbh I’m sold. I’m looking at hopefully selling the a4 around or just after Christmas.

Strange really as I’ve haired upgraded the door cards to full leather units with built in rear blinds, puddle lights and door handle lights, I’ve also finally fitted the s4 alloys that’s have just been refurbed in Suzuki silver with new rubber and look and handle amazingly not to mention fitting a full brand new set of front and rear mud flaps.
Really transformed the car but like I’ve said I think it’ll be going.

So yeah that’s me haha.

How you been matey?

If you had asked me about freelanders I would have told you steer well clear dani, and from all of them, I have a good friend that's service manager at a big dealership and they are a real pain in the posteria frankly, and he has been working for them since the year dot...so I pretty well trust his opinion on them tbh, but it is all down to personal choice dani....if they work for you then that's all that matters, they never really seamed that much bigger inside than most saloons either.
Anyway, i'd go estate car dani , lots to choose from but audi's are probably still the way to go, a4 /a6 .....

I keep looking at replacement cars but still come back to keeping the old bus, it does what I want and looks great now and doesn't cost me too much in running cost. I could change tomorrow and i'd probably get a newer car with a shed load of issues too, no thanks I'll stick with my trusty old bus.
Getting an RS B7 avant shortly aswell so pretty well where I want to be now.

Well apart from all that I am very well dani....and like I say, the worlds a mess but my world is just fine..lol

Reactions: Sandra and Dani_B19
Is that the freelander 1 rob? The 2 is a totally different beast and the issue they have seem on par of not less than the a4.

I’ve looked at a4 and a6 avants but just not sure on them, the b8 isn’t really doing anything for me and the Mrs isn’t too fussed on the C6 A6, plus I’d like to have a higher driving position. Miss the van feel and that’s only meaning SUV haha.

Glad to hear mate.

You finally found one then?

Hello people, I'm still alive and the cars still going well, its in for a full respray this week so It'll be looking the dogs dangley bits soon,

as for not being on for a while, I got a bit sick answering the same questions over and over again so I left it to other members for a while, I'm still about and do check in every now and then so.....

Any way Rob thanks for asking about me, when you getting the rs4 then and are you happy with the wheels on it lmao

Reactions: martin1984 and Sandra
just making sure the regulars don't drift away tony.....forums are what members make them and need regular input and witty banter.....otherwise they just become pointless.

Reactions: martin1984
Hello people, I'm still alive and the cars still going well, its in for a full respray this week so It'll be looking the dogs dangley bits soon,

as for not being on for a while, I got a bit sick answering the same questions over and over again so I left it to other members for a while, I'm still about and do check in every now and then so.....

Any way Rob thanks for asking about me, when you getting the rs4 then and are you happy with the wheels on it lmao
very soon tony and wont be touching the wheels, well not straight away... haha