1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone seen a nice a4 2.0T avant, auto?

p1tse Mar 22, 2009

1. p1tse

p1tse Member

ideally was looking at a mk5 golf r32, but the cost maybe too much.
    so then looked at an a3, but having had a go, i don't think it's right for me.

so back to the mk5 golf but gti version, but then i thought of the a4 avant, as it gives more space, and still somes with the similar 2.0T.

anyone seen any nice 2.0T avant auto's about to tempt me?

thanks

2. Fast3000

Fast3000 Member

Hello mate. Yes Auto's are hard to find I reckon.....
    I will let you know if I come accross one - just have a scout from time to time on the used car websites.

3. p1tse

p1tse Member

thanks
    i scout quite a fair bit. although for the right car might consider the manual.

are the manuals in the a4 nice in general? i've driven a couple of audi manuals, and they haven't been the best shift ever, bit notchy at times.

performance wise, how does it compare to the golf gti 2.0T?

4. Fast3000

Fast3000 Member

I havent driven a GTI but have driven A GT DSG which was quick, I particularily wanted an auto for the Mrs. The multitronic box is fairly smooth and a good cruiser. I upgraded from a MK4 GTI so its a really relaxing drive! although the golf was smooth this is totally differnt.

Cant comment on A4 manuals as never driven one. Guessing they should be nice:blackrs4:

5. phill1101

phill1101 New Member

The gear change on my A4 2.0TQ Avant is only a tad notchy when cold, fine once warmed up or after a few changes, just a "quirk" I guess! May be tempted to sell mine in six months or so, top spec as well!!