Anyone running genuine B5 Rs4's ?

Maverick1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just curious to know if anyone is actually running a genuine set of B5 Rs4's on their S3...? I'm in the position to pick up a mint
set for a bargain and think they look ridiculously good and in Australia they are rare as hens teeth. I know they are 5x112 but was thinking maybe having them redrilled w/sleeves (I've read this is ok as they just enlarge the hole by mm and tap a tapered alloy plug and drill the plug to achieve 5x110 pattern so minimal strength is lost..?) At this stage it is just a consideration as I want to be safe. I also would be satisfied with a set of high quality PCD conversion hubs but it appears the offset won't work.

Other option is to just import some replicas from Geezer-land and it really doesn't work out that expensive that way, I just wanted to keep it all genuine.

I have searched high and low on the forums and net but have not found a definitive answer yet...

thanks lads!

Buy a decent set of 5x112 to 5x100 adapters 20mm and then you'll have great wheels with a decent spacer, they will look fantastic. And that way you won't ruin them having them re drilled if you ever want to sell them

Genuine rs4 wheels have a really low ET of 20 so not sure if they would fit

yeah I know, that is the issue. with a 15mm adapter (thinnest available) it would leave them with a +5 offset so that is a fair bit more than standard. Stretched tyres and guards rolled perhaps? :think:

As above, I think you can get ones that look the same but were for rs6's and are around et30 iirc

ET20 would be fine if they were direct fit but with an adapter? might be pushing it. I'm running ET20 front , ET15 rear with an 8.5 and it never rubs. Going be going to ET15 (maybe 10) front soon though and ET10 rear when i fit the 6 pots.