Anyone Running Bilstein B8 Shocks?

tekmo

Reaction score
Anyone running Bilstein B8 shocks with H&R or Eibach springs?

bump, interested in this as well (on an S3)

No, but looking at shocks to go with current H&Rs, so also interested to hear.

Reactions: Fiddie
There is no stock from Bilstein, i know because i tried to buy them from all over the internet!.
I do however have B14's and will have them installed next week.

There is no stock from Bilstein, i know because i tried to buy them from all over the internet!.
I do however have B14's and will have them installed next week.

Are they the ones you ordered from Germany? If so do you have a link to where you ordered them from.

Cheers

So just had news from Awesome GTI that they can do B8 shocks for the S3 8V in sportback and 3 door hatch. They are supplying with H&R springs fitted for £770(ish). I'm booked in for 4 weeks time!

I wouldn't go for b8s
I was worried that b14 coil overs would be too stiff but if anything they are only slightly stiffer than stock!
B8s are probably going to be indent ideal to the stock Sachs units!

I wouldn't go for b8s
I was worried that b14 coil overs would be too stiff but if anything they are only slightly stiffer than stock!
B8s are probably going to be indent ideal to the stock Sachs units!

Well I will ask Awesome to supply the exact information on the shocks and report back. Then we will all know.

Well I will ask Awesome to supply the exact information on the shocks and report back. Then we will all know.

By all means but I am talking from experience, I have literally just installed b14 coil overs.
Look it's an opinion but I would do just springs or go the whole hog and get b14.
I'm super fussy and sensitive to comfort and b14 are just great, if anything they could be a touch stiffer!

why not B8 shocks? please explain.
Because as I explained the b14 shocks which are stiffer then b8s are only slightl stiffer than the standard suspension.
So if you install b8 you will not likely notice any difference, the biggest difference will be from the lowering alone.

Also with the b14 (and b16) you can adjust the ride height, it can be as high as stock or dropped super low.

With b8 and springs it's a fixed ride height.

Because as I explained the b14 shocks which are stiffer then b8s are only slightl stiffer than the standard suspension.
So if you install b8 you will not likely notice any difference, the biggest difference will be from the lowering alone.

Also with the b14 (and b16) you can adjust the ride height, it can be as high as stock or dropped super low.

With b8 and springs it's a fixed ride height.

so does that mean that the B8s won't solve, the rebound issues that others have talked about on the forum which leads to the unstable feeling you get on English B-roads at speed ?

They might, but if they don't you won't be able to do much about it. The people that have fitted B14s (dandafings) or B16s (me) have said that the high speed and bumpy Road handling is massively improved, but that the shocks were not that stiff - B8s might just be too close to stock to do the job.

Reactions: Dandanfings
so does that mean that the B8s won't solve, the rebound issues that others have talked about on the forum which leads to the unstable feeling you get on English B-roads at speed ?

The b14s have cured this.
At 70mph+ my car used to have this floaty feeling that made me feel like I wasn't in control!
Since fitting th b14s it feels planted at all speeds.... Not going to say how fast exactly but at triple digits it felt as planted as it was at 60mph

I don't need adjustable height. And coilovers in Canada, no thanks.