Anyone running 245/35 x 18" tyres on their S3?

Reaction score
I have a dilemma about my Rotas, I am running 9s allround with 225/40 Continental Sport Contact 3s and my gut feeling is that I need to change the wheels to be able to use the power. Before I make my mind up as to what to do I would like to know if anyone has or is running a 245/35 tyre without any issues. Rear will be fine Im sure but the front I am not so sure about.

Alex

PS. This is my daily at the moment and I think its the stretch/plane of the side wall that is the problem as opposed to the actual 225 tyre width. .......and yes they do manufacture Rotas in an 8" width but they dont have that aggressive cancave dish look that I want!!

Last edited:
235's are tight on an 8.5" rim running ET25 and ET30, as with ET35, they catch the insides of the inner arch on full lock, so I'm guessing your running ET15-20 for your 9" rims to clear the front strut right? 245's might be a tad too much!

dude, your sig says your S3 is a 3.2 turbo? is that an R32 turbo lump in there? How have I not seen this around Basingstoke before!

im running 235's and they catch a little so i agree with the above comment i think your going to struggle with 245's

Yeah I figured as much, shame.

Nick out of interest what 235s are you running as there seems to be very few options! Also does yours catch because you are rolling quite low?

dude, your sig says your S3 is a 3.2 turbo? is that an R32 turbo lump in there? How have I not seen this around Basingstoke before!

Hi mate yes its an R32 turbo engine. Im always at work tbh and only having the one seat makes it difficult to use it for anything more than driving to work and back lol! Where abouts in Basingstoke are you?

Dude, was this the S3 that was parked opposite the Revo stand at Inters a couple of weeks ago??

The GTX is probably not ideal as there is some lag with the 1.06 housing but the power is massive at the top. Its running 8:1 compression with the forgies. Handling has not been affected greatly, I will try and get it on corner weights to determine the difference in balance compared to when it had the 20v.

That sounds absolutely insane mate :S

Such a shame it's only got one seat, or I'd most definitely be asking for a ride!

Do you work somewhere motorsport related by any chance to have a beast like that?

I'm in hatch warren near sainsburys, where abouts are you?