Anyone recommend a good place for rims? rs4 19" replicas to be exact..

Jim78

Reaction score
Hiya fellas,

Picked up my a3 last month and noticed a bleb on tyre sidewall....long story shory replaced tyre and its done same again.....wheel is buckled ***...

Got 19" rs4 reps on atm which I like and want to keep the same......not sure if/how im gonna be able to pick a solitary rim up so looking at maybe just buying a new set....

I like how they sit on the car and im guessing offset is maybe 40-45 but not sure on wheel width (wife took car for tyre changing and forgot to get rim details even though I asked! I know, I know.....do it yourself if u want a job doing right! lol)

Ive seen some that are 19 x 8 and et42....

19" SILVER RS4 ALLOY WHEELS FITS AUDI A4 A6 A8 SKODA OCTAVIA SUPERB FORD GALAXY | eBay

Ive had cars before, big powered Evo and Scoobs and know a fair bit about rims, but unsure if Id have a prob with these....anyone?

Or anyone recommend a decent place to buy some....

This is how they sit atm...best pic I have...

Attachments

• audi-a3-hatchback-2-0-tdi-s-line-3dr-146177546-640x480.jpg
    audi-a3-hatchback-2-0-tdi-s-line-3dr-146177546-640x480.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 118
  • audi-a3-hatchback-2-0-tdi-s-line-3dr-146177552-640x480.jpg
    audi-a3-hatchback-2-0-tdi-s-line-3dr-146177552-640x480.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 116
  • audi-a3-hatchback-2-0-tdi-s-line-3dr-146177556-640x480.jpg
    audi-a3-hatchback-2-0-tdi-s-line-3dr-146177556-640x480.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 110
Why not get the current defective rim repaired - far cheaper than shelling out on a new set that could be inferior quality to the current set and buckle the same ?

Its a 5 minute job to jack the car up and remove a wheel to find the information, so why second guess (especially as one maker might be ET40, another 42 and another 45) ?

Nice looking motor btw ;)

You may also be able to see the info with a make-up mirror if its on the back of one of the spokes.

Where are you located mate?

Barnsley bud in South Yorks

Why not get the current defective rim repaired - far cheaper than shelling out on a new set that could be inferior quality to the current set and buckle the same ?

Its a 5 minute job to jack the car up and remove a wheel to find the information, so why second guess (especially as one maker might be ET40, another 42 and another 45) ?

Nice looking motor btw ;)

You may also be able to see the info with a make-up mirror if its on the back of one of the spokes.

Aye thats what I need to do, they all need a refurb as it is tbh, was unsure how bent the wheel is and if it could be sorted, guy said he could tell straight away before putting it on the balancing wheel

Sounds like you need to talk to a local wheel refurb place - the buckled wheel may not be that bad that it can't be saved, and if the others need a refurb than its an ideal opportunity to have them done as you want them, either silver, bright silver, semi chrome, anthracite etc.

You should be able to get the buckled wheel sorted for under £100 assuming its not too far gone and the other three redone for £50 each - so a nice set of shiny new wheels for £250

Chin up bud, theres options out there without shelling out on another set of wheels and tyres.

Theres a really good place in center of barnsley m8 called metal magic they can fix just about any wheel and powder coat them to like new

I know of a good place in Manchester - They also offer postage.

That is where i got my TTRS alloys from, if intrested i will link to their eBay page,

Thanks guys! gonna sort something next week!