1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone lowered on coilies been on R-techs rolling road?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DaveA3, Sep 16, 2010.

1. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

Hi All,

Reason i ask is he said i might need to raise it up to clear the sump on the rollies. Any lowered have any problems?

I dunno how many mm mine is lowered but its sitting on 18's. You can sort of see in the picture below the height on the wheel arch at least.

any info would be helpful.

cheers peeps! :happy:
  2. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

I had to raise mine to get on the rollers at R-tech, it MIGHT have gone on without, but Nick didn't want to risk it.

Took about 5 minutes though, take a jack and a C-spanner with you, no need to remove the wheels, just jack it up, leave the locking collar in place so you can return to the exact same height, and just wind the main platform up 20mm, no need to lock it off for 30mins in the rollers.....
  3. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

ok cheers prawn. bit of a side note to that when i turn my main platform the lock platform moves with it. What do you suggest to separate them? x2 c spanners or something? it makes it alot harder than it should be
  4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

yea, get a second C-spanner to free them up.

With mine, I just find a short sharp snap on the C spanner is all that's needed to seperate the two, I keep my threads fairly clean, so I was able to wind it up by hand once loosened off.
  5. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

cool ill blast with some WD40 whilst im there then. cheers matey!