1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone looking to buy a new set of 18" wheels and tyres? Or swap your 19's?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Az, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Az

Az Hard slammed!

[Jan 11, 2011]
    Hi all,

I thought I'd post in here to see if anyone is looking to buy a new set of wheels and tyres, or could be tempted by some.... ;)

I've attempted to post up in the classified section but no matter what I do this site just will not upload my photos, but every other site does with ease??

Anyway, I've got a 1 month old set of Brabus monoblock VI diamond cut 18" alloys in 8.5" wide 5x112 fitment, offset is either 35 or 38, and centre bore is 57.1, completely unmarked and as new, not a blemish or mark anywhere, and all fitted with virtually brand new Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres in 225/40/18's, all have 7mm of tread left (8mm when new) and all are in perfect condition with no punctures. These tyres are epic and very expensive, costing me £600 new!

The wheel and tyre combo cost me £1100 in total, but all I want is £700 for them.

OR

I could be tempted to do a swap with some decent 19's with decent tyres.

Cheers,
    Az

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Jan 11, 2011]
    You should of went for 19's from the start. The Brabus rep's are a nice clean wheel and look the part, when i rolled up at AITP 2009 i had mixed feedback on running my Brabus/Merc style rim's. They should sell no problem Good luck.
  4. Az

Az Hard slammed!

[Jan 11, 2011]
    Yep your right, I should of took the plunge and gone for 19's, but the only reason I didn't was because I'd just shelled out the £600 on the pilot sports.

The thing is I know I'm gonna be sacrificing some ride comfort if I go up to 19's, as it is the ride quality is so good with the 18's.
  5. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Jan 12, 2011]
    Ride comfort and quality is fine with 19's.
  6. NathanA4Avant

NathanA4Avant Member

[Jan 12, 2011]
    Oh man i want these so bad!

Only concern besides spending the money, is load ratings on the tyres. Suitable for an Avant?
  7. Az

Az Hard slammed!

[Jan 12, 2011]
    Yes they'll be absolutely fine on an Avant as they are the extra load tyres, I opted for the extra loads when I bought them. :)
  8. NathanA4Avant

NathanA4Avant Member

[Jan 12, 2011]
    Lovely. I will definitely have a long think about it.

The deal clincher i think will be your location. Im in Surrey so dependent on where you are there could be extra costs involved with regards to either delivery or collection.

Also. are these wheels genuine or replicas? and are they any heavier than standard issue Audi wheels and can my standard alloy wheel nuts suffice to hold them on?
  9. Az

Az Hard slammed!

[Jan 12, 2011]
    I've pm'd you mate regarding your queries, and answered them all. :)
  10. Az

Az Hard slammed!

[Jan 12, 2011]
    I'm not sure if my pm's are working mate as I haven't had replies for quite a while throughout that now, so I'll answer your questions here and for anyone else who is interested.

I'm based in Hemel Hempstead, hertfordshire, which is junction 20 on the M25 or junction 8 on the M1, so depending on where you are in Surrey you may only be half hour or so down the road from me.

The wheels are replicas, genuine brabus wheels sell for around £1500 without Tyres second hand, and will probably be about double that figure brand new! These are extremely well made though, not a single blemish on the manufacturing of the wheel, I honestly can't find a single fault with them.

Weight wise, I had genuine S4 18" Avus alloys on this before and I couldn't decide which was the heavier of the two wheels, I can't feel any difference in how the car drives either, it doesn't feel any slower through the gears due to a heavier wheel.

The standard wheel bolts won't fit aftermarket wheels properly as they have rounded seats to the bolt which meets the wheel rather than a 45 degree taper which aftermarket wheels have, so I can give anyone who buys the wheels my aftermarket bolts and locking wheel bolts as well so you don't need to worry about that.
  11. Az

Az Hard slammed!

[Jan 14, 2011]
    Jeeeez, talk about spamming threads! Lol.

If anyone is interested in my brabus reps they are now sold!

So buy N8's RS6 reps instead! ;)