Anyone know what this DIS warning means? (pic)

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Came up this morning:

dashhc.jpg

Cheers

Yeah you got a bulb out, and whys your DIS so perfect :faint:

Mine is perfect as well Dan, I was well chuffed. My one in the A3 you could hardly read!!

Thanks, will check the brake lights then. Easy to replace or am I going to lose skin lol! (thanks, there's a lot that isn't perfect though about my car!)

I had that damned warning light in my A4 for just about the whole 2.5 years I owned it, despite no bulb out. Sick of the sight of it I was!
Not sick enough to pay someone to find the problem though.

Easy fran, just pop the side cover off in the boot and off you go.

LOL cheers fellas, halfords here I come!

My perfect DIS (;) ) also kept on throwing up a bulb fault even though I had changed the bulb that had blown. After loads of fiddling with the bulb it finally turned off...can only put it down to the bulb not being properly seated in the bulb holder.

T

Well after looking behind the offside rear cluster, how the heck can you pull out the bulb holder lol?! There's no room. Theres a big metal thing in the way... part of the amp I think. I bet that has to come out... Not the 2min job I thought it would be!

My perfect DIS (;) ) also kept on throwing up a bulb fault even though I had changed the bulb that had blown. After loads of fiddling with the bulb it finally turned off...can only put it down to the bulb not being properly seated in the bulb holder.

T

That's what I think was wrong with mine. I fiddled with it a couple of times and the warning light would clear but it would always come back after a week or so.

When I first saw that warning light I thought it looked like 'Toilet out of order'.:Flush:

Well after looking behind the offside rear cluster, how the heck can you pull out the bulb holder lol?! There's no room. Theres a big metal thing in the way... part of the amp I think. I bet that has to come out... Not the 2min job I thought it would be!

I tried to do it with the bulb holder in place and ended up dropping a bulb into the bumper!!! You need to press the clips at the top and bottom of the whole plastic bulb holder thing and pull like hell. It was very tough on mine and my finger tips were in agony by the time I got it out. Ounce its out it's easy.

I too have dropped a bulb when changing one, but in the lens cover compartment. Yet again, for something that should be east to replace turns out to be a bit of an annoying job to do. get someone with small fingers to give it a go.

My friendly mechanic did mine when I also got stuck, he said the trick was to take out each bulb in turn to get the unit out, then replace as it goes back in.

No idea if it works, but my bulb did get changed.

ive just changed my rear lights to face lift ones and funk me, i now have no skin left on the tops on my hands. didnt think it was going to be that much work.....

anyway ive got the same issue, i think with my big fat burger fingers ive covered the blub in greese, and its blown (not even checked it yet - had to go away to abu dhabi again this morning), js1500 i too thought it was the fact that my car was telling me i need to go to the toilet. new lights do look great though.... not to self. remember to buy yellow bulbs for indicators.... white flashing lights dont work durring the day... sorry mr officer wont do it again. :)

Last edited: