anyone know if they fit TDI as well??

Forge was talking about making intercooler pipes for diesel A3 cars but no heard anything for ages from them.

whats the benefit from these ok everybody knows they look better but is that all about it ?

''as mine keeps leaking air and the audi pipes are designed crap as the clips aren't that sturdy!''

You done a pressure test then?

cant say i have, but had the intercooler pipe changed cause it had a slit in the pipe! had my car up on the ramp yesterday n again u could feel air leaking which was due to the pipe coming loose this time! im sure theres aftermarket pipes which can withstand more pressure then the original

Could just be age related (although mine are originals on a 54 plate) or its something caught the pipe at some point as they're fairly robust pipes overall IMHO, as I've worked on mine a fair bit & not a sign of any issues as in slits & my cars running higher boost with my hybrid turbo & custom map aswell now.

I would replace your connecting pipe seals if you can feel air around the joints & also fitment of pipes need checking, make sure the metal U clips have more tension on so the joints cant come apart.

Although I will say I'm not convinced the joint design is neccessarily the best, but they do seem to work & guess its easier for maintenance reasons as jubilees can be a pita.

i'm getting a hybrid turbo fitted on friday, thought it would be best to change the pipes due to more air flow/pressure, but you seem to be fine so maybe there just not sat correctly etc. i'll get them to have a look at it when i get the turbo done.

Yeah as said mate, check & maybe replace the joints seals & re-tension the clips as the pipes have been known to come loose just cause the clips arent either fitted correctly/locked into place or tension isnt enough.

Once this is done, if you're worried about if there is any air leaks, just do a pressure test from maf area to the IMF pipe, whilst under pressure check all joints for leaks & turbo area, the turbo fitter should be able to do this whilst working on car.

I actually removed the IMF, EGR & Intake Manifold & cleaned them back to the metal as new, given the crap built up over time especially in the manifold.

I would also consider a catch can as per Mikey has, to stop any excess oil buildup in the turbo from the rocker cover breather pipe, I noticed since done the turbo, the oil is more noticeable & assuming due to the increased power etc.

Thanks mate i'll make sure they have a look at re-tensioning the clips.
i would like to clean the IMF, EGR and intake manifold as well to clean the crap but i'm no good with the engine components, i'll give it a go next week as i'll have plenty of free time or take it to a local garage.

oh and how have you found the hybrid turbo compared to stock and with the map?

i would like to clean the IMF, EGR and intake manifold as well to clean the crap but i'm no good with the engine components, i'll give it a go next week as i'll have plenty of free time or take it to a local garage.

oh and how have you found the hybrid turbo compared to stock and with the map?

Clean it yourself mate, just make sure you replace for new gaskets, bolts are reusable, its not rocket science, should be self insanitory how it all connects & goes back mate, take your time & be patient & you'll sort it, dont bother a garage as they'll **** rape you for cleaning that lot out & I went as far as removing all the pipes & the IC, hey if jobs worth doing, do it well huh.

Yeah certainly alot better, smoother I'd say, an improvement for sure, but gotta sort a catch can asap. :)

Summers here so more traction for fwd, yeah baby.

yeah true, will have a go next week! should have a lot of time so will just take my time. if i encounter any problems expect a PM lol, but i doubt i should have any.
Can't wait for the new turbo, have u upgraded ur clutch and brakes or just kept it stock?

Nah mines dsg so no upgrade & I stuck 345mm S3/r32/3.2 brakes on & trust me they're plenty good enough, certainly pulled me up & saved my **** few times, no need for anything more.

thats some serious stopping power, not surprised they've saved ur ***!!!lol i'm just gonna have to put some ebc brakes on the moment! should hopefully be able to upgrade the clutch, discs and pads by the end of summer. first time for an rns-e, thats all my interior is missing!