1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know anything about part numbers?! (ac compressor)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by chillo, Aug 9, 2012.

1. chillo

chillo New Member

Hi,

My ac is not working 2.0tdi cab, garage re gassed and checked no leaks but compressor would fire into life so looking at replacing with a recon/salvage unit.

Part number of mine is: 8EO 260805 BJ

Have seen a few on the bay etc and is the important bit of the number '260805'? or do i need to match it all?
    have found one with 8EO 260805 which is close but doesnt appear to have the last 2 letters.
    seen plenty of 8DO 260 805 K & D compressors.
    Just want to be sure i'm getting the right compressor!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. i_786_i

i_786_i Member

Hi,

Part numbers vary for different cars, contact Audi and query the part/price and at the same time they normally give you the part number too :)

I do have a link that I use to get my part numbers, but you do need to know what you are looking for.. pm if interested.

Thanks,

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Your best bet is to match the number or a superseded version, with things like this its probably better to get new if possible, as if it goes wrong from a used/recon then you have all the labour/problems all over again.

Problem is that part is near £900, so understand reason for trying to find others.

The 8D0 is for other chassis, 8E0 is for A4 B6/7 chassis.