Anyone Interested In A Rear Electric Window Conversion? B6 A4

Super Ron

Reaction score
As title, I have a B6 A4 Avant I am stripping and it has electric windows all round. I know there's alot more involved than just plugging in the rear door looms, but as I will be scrapping the car at the end of it I am happy to cut any of the plugs and looms out of the car side needed, door shut plugs etc, as well as the door looms, rear cartridges, all 4 door cards, and anything else you think might be needed. Hell, all the interior is out so you could have the full car loom if you wanted!

If there is no interest then ill just sell the door cards with the interior, rear windows with the door etc as i dont want to go to all the trouble or taking it all out just to chuck it away. But i thought I'd ask as this would be a good opportunity for anyone looking to take on this conversion to have all the car side bits that aren't usually available :)

Let me know if so.

I would love one but wouldn't it require the rear door cards too as the winders would have to go and I'm not sure if the arm piece off the rear door would require some cutting if it didn't.

My winder version door card fit without any issues on a door from a B6 that had power windows, so there shouldn't be any cutting involved. I will check whether the arms can be interchanged when I replace my broken clips.

As far as i am aware the door cards go straight on, i did read that the regulators are the same its just the manual ones had a winder bolted into the splines and the electric ones have the motors bolted on. No cutting or chopping, its just more of the wiring that is the issue with this, hence this offer :)
here's the door at present (not very reveling lol)

and these are the doorcards (not including the black insert trim)

Looks good although I don't know the first thing about wiring haha are the door cards black leather? Would also make good reason to fit my recently acquired Bose speakers.