Anyone interested in 312mm upgrade

I

imported_Cali

I am intersted in undertaking the 312mm brake upgrade using TT carriers - I called a couple of breakers and was quoted 150 quid for 2nd hand. I made a few calls and tried to strike a deal with company the will deliver brand SHINEY new carriers for around 140 - the more people interested the cheaper. This means that YOU don't have to spend ages cleaning the crap off them and degreasing them before painting. If anyone is interested please let me know.

I'm very interested in upgrading my brakes to 312mm, what discs are needed? and which calipers?
A friend fitted the S4 brakes to his A4Q2,8 but they were expensive for discs and pads?
I have the chance of getting some S3 callipers and carriers, the same as TT as far as i'm aware,but are they of any use?
should i just go for a brembo kit? or get the S4 units?

If the S3 brakes are no good to me they will be listed on ebay on friday, if anyone is interested?

How much are they new?

im sure read on here a while back vagparts.co.uk sell them new for around that price.

Cheers Markey,
Think thats the next job then!

Did you get round to doing the rears?

Year i have drilled rear disks cant remember who made them got them from GSF car parts.
Just remembered Zimmermen not sure that is the correct spelling.
They look good i have some pics at home i will post later.

now you have it on the road markey, did you notice much of an improvement?

Not with the rears not done the front ones yet.
Going to do them after all my control arms have been replaced.

just put mine on, took about an hour for the first side and 15 minutes for the second side when i realised you dont actually need too remove the brake pads.
havent had a chance too test them properly yet but all seems too be working hunky dorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh yeah, any they fit under the 16" competition rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif:)

discs were £41 plus VAT from eurocarparts.
i can provide the part number if anyone needs it.