Anyone In The Northwest With Vagcom? Rns-e Help!

ian ditch

S-Line Lover
Reaction score
Hi All,

I replaced the original Symphony II stereo with a Rns-e unit about 12 months ago. Ever since the base seems to be of very poor quality compared to the old Symphony II.

At the time of the install, i read up on what i needed and ordered the correct harness and ensured that the pin was grounded etc.

I think that the Rns-e unit needs to be told that the car has bose and the relevant settings altered to suit via the vag-com software.

I'm prepared to pay if there's anyone close enough to me - I'm in warrington, cheshire.

Audi A3 8P Sportback 2006 2.0TDi 170 Sline with trip-tronic

I have Vagcom and i am in Crewe, i can help you if you know what needs doing on vagcom.

Hi Robin, thanks for the reply

I don't know what needs altering via the vagcom, and to be honest, i'm just assuming that this is what is required to fix it.

but google is my friend and i'll take a look around and let you know.

many thanks

Possible wire needs moving on the loom/connector & then enable sound system in module 37 or 56, change it to a 9 for Bose, so it should read something like xxx9xxx, iirc, where x = others numbers, sure someone will correct me if I missed a trick as going from memory :)

The bass on symphony I find OTT anyway & even with Bose enabled & wired correctly it will still sound less substantial than the symphony system, so you know now :)

Reactions: ian ditch
Possible wire needs moving on the loom/connector & then enable sound system in module 37 or 56, change it to a 9 for Bose, so it should read something like xxx9xxx, iirc, where x = others numbers, sure someone will correct me if I missed a trick as going from memory :)

The bass on symphony I find OTT anyway & even with Bose enabled & wired correctly it will still sound less substantial than the symphony system, so you know now :)

Thanks for this NHN, very informative.

I have the bose harness with pin 7 grounded so i'm sure the pins are fine.... i cant see any other pins that may need moving??

reading Audi Radio/Navigation System (RNS-E) - Ross-Tech Wiki, what you have said does make sense.