1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Pompey area have a spare late-type S3 coil pack?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by themanthatcan, Apr 16, 2008.

1. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member

Hey guys,

I'm in urgent need of a late-type coil pack for my S3 as after a remap mine has gone down. I don't suppose anyone in the Pompey area has a spare one lying around they'd be willing to sell so I can get the car running properly?

Ta,
    Andy
  2. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Andy, no....mate...buddy...the same thing happened to you lol...feel for ya fella
  3. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member

Hehe yeah was just reading back through your old thread! At least you got bit of a drive before yours failed :) I'm still left guessing exactly how good the remap is! Keep getting the odd push of boost inbetween coughs and splutters..what a tease!
  4. 1animal1

i know mate, has one failed completely? if not, dont tease it, if one goes then it will sound like a tractor and you may damage your CAT (you might have read this but just in case)
  5. scoobyra

scoobyra It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Andy, call Tim or Tim at Tims VW tomorrow on 02392 375550. Tell them I said to call. They will get you one by tomorrow afternoon. £25.
  6. 1animal1

make sure its got the right prefix.... just that Audi have only just updated them again according to my dealer
  7. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member

Nah it's ok if I stay off boost, which I'm reluctantly doing at the mo!

Mike - Thanks for the tip but I work in Hedge End so will probably have to pick them up from Southampton Audi in my lunch break tomorrow. Will be a bit more expensive but it means I can get the car running properly tomorrow.

Andy
  8. 1animal1

if you anything like me mate...i asked for some rubber gloves from the mechanics and replaced the first two in the Audi car park..... take a 10mm spanner and allen key to take the mount off pistons 3 +4 :eyebrows:...