Anyone heard or used a product called "Car-skin" before...?

A3-sport

BOSE
Reaction score
Anyone ever used or heard of this stuff before - its supposed to be amazing stuff but never seen it before.

Mate is testing some and may be able to get me some to try.

Anyone? Maybe WX51TXR or Jimmeh?

Btw - fully clayed, polished and sealed the A3 on Saturday morning - bit of a grey day but the rain held off!...

06022010442b.jpg

06022010441.jpg

^ Claybar after half the passenger side door!!! Never done this before lol

Picture doesnt really do it justice because of the weather and I didnt have time to take it for some shots but will try to later.

Cheers.

Nice job on the claying, bet you really took your time after the door came back like that! Hazard a guess . . . Megs quik clay? ;)

I haven't used car skin before/yet. I see no reason to so far since I am no longer working on my detailing as much, and I have products that work very well. If you have access, might be worth asking over on Detailing World. They will have more of an idea.

Jamie

Nice job on the claying, bet you really took your time after the door came back like that! Hazard a guess . . . Megs quik clay? ;)

I haven't used car skin before/yet. I see no reason to so far since I am no longer working on my detailing as much, and I have products that work very well. If you have access, might be worth asking over on Detailing World. They will have more of an idea.

Jamie

Bilt Hamber mate...

10062009070.jpg

Its really good - and you dont need an applicator - just water!

Ah, indeed, it is good. I have to admit that I prefer I4Detailing poly clay, but only because it is bright orange!

Ah, indeed, it is good. I have to admit that I prefer I4Detailing poly clay, but only because it is bright orange!

Haha nice one - its easy to use - gonna do the wheels next as I didnt do them this time and I think it will help no end.

Based on the look of your clay after just the door, I would suggest that you use the same piece of clay for the wheels and windows and buy a new piece for next paint time.

Based on the look of your clay after just the door, I would suggest that you use the same piece of clay for the wheels and windows and buy a new piece for next paint time.

Well thankfully the bottoms of the doors were the worst bits - the rest was fairly ok - I have saved this bit of clay exactly for that though - and the box (above) has loooooooads of clay in it so ive only used about an eighth of it lol. Quality stuff though. I also have a different grade which will take even more off but not got that far yet.

The detailing saying is to use the least harsh product first. True of clay, polishing, machine pads, wire wool etc :)

The detailing saying is to use the least harsh product first. True of clay, polishing, machine pads, wire wool etc :)

Yes thats what I did - this bar is for monthly use and the other is for yearly application or something like that.

Next week will be adding some HD Wax - as this time round I only used Autoglym SRP and EGP so the wax will make it look pucka!

Car-skin Diamond Glaze website extract...

Welcome to the unique and revolutionary Internationally famous professional conditioner and protector
A unique car, boat and aeroplane finish that restores and protects the paint to its original beauty permanently with a minimum of maintenance and cost

Diamond Glaze, first introduced in 1980, is an internationally famous, scientifically formulated two phase process that will permanently restore and protect the colour and brilliance of your car to its original showroom condition - Whatever the age or appearance of your car!
Diamond Glaze has a full money back guarantee and with continued use of Diamond Glaze we guarantee the paint for the life of your car. In over 20 years we have not had a single complaint or refund request. in fact, since the product is not sold in stores, people have gone to extraordinary lengths to acquire it. As the exclusive world-wide distributors of Car-Skin Diamond Glaze we have developed this official web site to make it readily available.

PERMANENT SHINE - PERMANENT PROTECTION - GUARANTEED

Diamond Glaze removes all oxidation or dead paint, even new paint imperfections from any new or used car, surface rust, superficial scratches, weather spots, road grime, tar, bird deposits, fuel stains and tree sap! A wipe with a damp cloth or a light hose down maintains the brilliant shine and protection from sun, wind, salt and other natural climatic.
This is NOT a cutting compound, abrasive, wax, paint or lacquer. It also restores the shine on chrome, enamel appliances, boats and planes. It is environmentally friendly, easy to use and each kit will restore two midsize vehicles.

Yes thats what I did - this bar is for monthly use and the other is for yearly application or something like that.

Next week will be adding some HD Wax - as this time round I only used Autoglym SRP and EGP so the wax will make it look pucka!

SRP and EGP twins are old, but superb for beginners and pros alike. Very easy.

Why not try something like P21s (R222 in Europe) as a wax? Less costly and better IMHO. Depends what you want from a wax and how much time you have to reapply :)

I'm not impressed. All of the Lifeshine/SupgaGuard/SilverSeal/DiamondBrite blah blah blah.. it's all marketing hype imo.

I had JewelUltra DiamondBrite contact me direct asking if we can work together. They want to appear on my website - "we could work together!" OK..

I wasn't a believer in their kit merely from the rumours I have read, but, more than happy to meet the chap for a coffee. Which, we did.

Nice enough bloke, yaddie yar, I left with a Basic kit worth £35 (which, to have applied, is going to cost you £200)

I'm testing it on the family bus, a Vauxhall Vectra. HOWEVER. I've applied it 'correctly'. A Dealership (if they were to even touch a 5/6 year old Vectra to apply the DiamondBrite kit..) would wash it, apply the Stage 1 pre-glaze and then apply Stage 2. This is all then buffed off, and, lovely jubbely. A car that doesn't need polishing for the rest of its life, AND, has 6 years paint protection.

FAIL.

The difference (if I DO choose to take DB on-board (as there is a definite market for it)) between my application and a valeters/dealership appliction is that I'd always prep the paint properly first.

I have this lovely leaflet here infront of me, "how the paint protection works". There are a series of diagrams of cross-sections of a cars paintwork.. Basically, road traffic and dirt gathers in the pores of the paint. Along comes Stage 1 and it "cleanses and FILL pores in vehicles paintwork leaving a smooth finish". You're SEALING the dirt in. I fully de-tar, clay and machine cleanse the paintwork before anything touches it.

*edit, oooh - I've just taken delivery of my Black Baron Dryer from team PolishedBliss - thanks guys!

BTT.. Although I took the correct stages in preparing the paint to give the sealent the best chance of surviving/bonding, they still can't claim 6 years protection.. It's like above, the quote you posted.. "with continued use of Diamond Glaze we guarantee the paint for the life of your car". So, I can claim to Mr.Smith who's BMW I have just detailed that I can GUARENTEE the paint for the rest of the vehicles life, IF, he takes out a Maintenance Plan with me, and, I throw on some Collinite Wax every now and again.. It's marketing hype. I hate it! lol. I'm bored now - I want to go play with my new toy..

To finish, I'm yet to wash the vectra again, but, tbh, I am (thus far) impressed with the DB application. We'll see how its looking after I wash, and, consider using their 'conserver" (which is the top-up that gives you one hundred years durability.. (but, dont let it touch your windows as it streaks, AND, dont let it touch any black plastic trim, as, it'll stain it. GREAT!) *meh..!*

Last edited:
I'm not impressed. All of the Lifeshine/SupgaGuard/SilverSeal/DiamondBrite blah blah blah.. it's all marketing hype imo.

I had JewelUltra DiamondBrite contact me direct asking if we can work together. They want to appear on my website - "we could work together!" OK..

I wasn't a believer in their kit merely from the rumours I have read, but, more than happy to meet the chap for a coffee. Which, we did.

Nice enough bloke, yaddie yar, I left with a Basic kit worth £35 (which, to have applied, is going to cost you £200)

I'm testing it on the family bus, a Vauxhall Vectra. HOWEVER. I've applied it 'correctly'. A Dealership (if they were to even touch a 5/6 year old Vectra to apply the DiamondBrite kit..) would wash it, apply the Stage 1 pre-glaze and then apply Stage 2. This is all then buffed off, and, lovely jubbely. A car that doesn't need polishing for the rest of its life, AND, has 6 years paint protection.

FAIL.

The difference (if I DO choose to take DB on-board (as there is a definite market for it)) between my application and a valeters/dealership appliction is that I'd always prep the paint properly first.

I have this lovely leaflet here infront of me, "how the paint protection works". There are a series of diagrams of cross-sections of a cars paintwork.. Basically, road traffic and dirt gathers in the pores of the paint. Along comes Stage 1 and it "cleanses and FILL pores in vehicles paintwork leaving a smooth finish". You're SEALING the dirt in. I fully de-tar, clay and machine cleanse the paintwork before anything touches it.

*edit, oooh - I've just taken delivery of my Black Baron Dryer from team PolishedBliss - thanks guys!

BTT.. Although I took the correct stages in preparing the paint to give the sealent the best chance of surviving/bonding, they still can't claim 6 years protection.. It's like above, the quote you posted.. "with continued use of Diamond Glaze we guarantee the paint for the life of your car". So, I can claim to Mr.Smith who's BMW I have just detailed that I can GUARENTEE the paint for the rest of the vehicles life, IF, he takes out a Maintenance Plan with me, and, I throw on some Collinite Wax every now and again.. It's marketing hype. I hate it! lol. I'm bored now - I want to go play with my new toy..

To finish, I'm yet to wash the vectra again, but, tbh, I am (thus far) impressed with the DB application. We'll see how its looking after I wash, and, consider using their 'conserver" (which is the top-up that gives you one hundred years durability.. (but, dont let it touch your windows as it streaks, AND, dont let it touch any black plastic trim, as, it'll stain it. GREAT!) *meh..!*

Thank you Jimmeh - lol my quote from a website was actually wrong... see later post - its not the Diamond Brite stuff its this...

Car-skin.jpg

Car-skin...

Sorry for the confusion doh!

the guy who makes it is over the road from us, its a two stage product first clenses the paint the scond protects, and gives a very nice smooth finish, not sure how long the finish lasts but i like it, the liquid is simular to qutoglym liquid wax