anyone heard of slipstream deutsch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi all , have got a s3 1999 ming blue had it for around six months .
now its time for upping the horses .
found this company on e bay doing remaps and they are quite close to me ,
but i never heard of them , has anyone else had work done by them
cheers

what is the company's name ?

Never heard of them, but there a loads of differant serial port mapping companies about these days. The generic maps are readily available and any monkey with a laptop can upload one and tweek it's settings.

I'd only trust my car with a recognised, established and most importantly RECOMMENDED tuning company. I'd recommend REVO, but there are many forum members who are equally happy with the products of other companies. Have a search for 'Remap' 'Jabba' 'AMD' etc.

doh the company name is in the title....i really should lay off the JD

do a search i think there was a thread about them earlier this year.

Well they sound awful from this thread!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21314&highlight=slipstream

Not generic yet when there is a problem they need to remove the ECU and return it to Germany!

Do people really think custom remaps can be had for £200? You can't even have one for £500! Still if people believe that tweaking 2 or 3 parameters out of the huge amount of information required to manage a modern engine is 'custom' thats there business i guess.

MRC do custom for £500 all in. very highly regarded

Tallpaul said:
Well they sound awful from this thread!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21314&highlight=slipstream

Not generic yet when there is a problem they need to remove the ECU and return it to Germany!

Do people really think custom remaps can be had for £200? You can't even have one for £500! Still if people believe that tweaking 2 or 3 parameters out of the huge amount of information required to manage a modern engine is 'custom' thats there business i guess.

thats the one hope it was read in time.

MRC do every parameter necessary I wouldn't bother going to any other company with my car now customer service and quality of product is top

dummi said:
MRC do every parameter necessary I wouldn't bother going to any other company with my car now customer service and quality of product is top

I'd hope any quality remaping company alters every parameter neccasery ;)

Like I said, there are many mappers out there - go with one that is recommended.

thanks for all the replies , been most helpfull

where abouts are mrc and any contact details ?