1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have vagcom in London area that can show me how it works?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by drewbee, Jan 29, 2010.

1. drewbee

drewbee Member

[Jan 29, 2010]
    i herd great things about them but have no idea what it does apart from reading fault codes, so i was wondering if anyone have one and is around london, could show me the things it can do

i also was interested in enabling the autolock feature when you move off (5mph) or something like that, the doors will automatically lock?

and also is there a function where you can enable window closeur when locking?

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jan 30, 2010]
    there's various timers and features you can enable: once the search feature is back, have a search on this thread and the vagcom thread, there's some pretty long threads on this, incl codes....

if you're interested in security, then:
    1) there's a two stage unlock: first click only unlocks the driver's door (and boot?), the second does the whole car.
    2) you should already have a full closure/open enabled if you hold down the lock/unlockbuttons: I think there is an option for an auto full closure too.
    3) various alarm beep/flash options when setting, etc.

Yes, I have the full locking feature enabled: although I think the default for this is around 15km/h so just under 10mph. Then, when you turn the car off and take the key out the ignition, it unlocks all the doors (not sure if that can be disabled, but I would assume both the speed setting can be tweaked and also the unlock set to none/drivers only).

also all sorts of weird and wonderful things you can add/remove....
    screenwasher wiper sequence (i.e. no "courtesy wipe a few seconds later)
    alarm tweaks as mentioned above
    window button opening/closure settings tweaked
    interior lights