1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have /had B6 wheels on a B5

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by JayB5UK, Feb 16, 2006.

1. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Feb 16, 2006]
    If so, any pics please.

My quest for a set of wheels is still ongoing, very tempted to buy some 18's, but also looking for a house means I may have to settle for some Audi 16's off a B6 or similar, just to update the looks and to replace my comp's which have winter tyres on right now.

Decisions, decisions..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Feb 16, 2006]
    I would get the sport wheels (5 spokes but not RS6 style) off the b6, they are 17" and suit the b5 so well.
  4. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Feb 16, 2006]
    Yeah would like them, but I am being forced to be tight and not spend a great deal on them.
    Had my eye on the BBS rims Rixio has for sale, but I can't really justify spending £400 on wheels (nice thought they are) with part worn tyres. Especially as I realistically could do with new shocks and stuff too!
    I've been offered a set of the 16" 5 spokes off a B6 T sport - ones with centre caps and the spokes run to the edge, for under £200.
    Of course if a set of those 17's came along cheap enough....
  5. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Feb 16, 2006]
  6. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Feb 16, 2006]
    Yeah set of 4 205/55 16 Continentals on them - with what is described as "plenty of tread left"

Sounds ok don't it?
  7. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Feb 16, 2006]
    Yeah sounds alright, what wheels are on your car just now the 15" 5 spoke ones?

Because i would just keep them and save up for longer and keep an eye out for the wheels you really fancy otherwise you will regret it later on.
  8. rs13219

rs13219 Member

[Feb 16, 2006]
    [​IMG]

Are these the rims? If so there's a guy up the road from me who's got a set of these on a B5 & they don't look that well. If money's an issue just wait till you got the green & go buy yourself the rims you want.
  9. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Feb 16, 2006]
    Hello guys, yeah they're the ones in the pic.

And yes I have the Sport / Quattro 5 spokes but they are 16" although they don't look it.

I agree about waiting but I am in kind of a rush as i've got a set of bloomin winter tyres fitted at the mo, as I had an odd set, of mainly bald ones on it and I believed the weather man about it being a harsh winter! Although they have saved my arse when I had to to a 150 mile round trip just before New Years Eve and they were excellent, allowing me to do 70 in the outside lane when it was still partially snowy!

Anyway, these will have to go before the dry weather comes and it warms up again and a set of wheels with tyres is cheaper than a set of new decent tyres for my standard wheels.

Bit of a dilemma....
  10. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Feb 17, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]

Are these the rims? If so there's a guy up the road from me who's got a set of these on a B5 & they don't look that well. If money's an issue just wait till you got the green & go buy yourself the rims you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't do a bit of spying and take a quick pic of it could you if it don't look too dodgy? Would like to see what they'd look like...
  11. rs13219

rs13219 Member

[Feb 18, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't do a bit of spying and take a quick pic of it could you if it don't look too dodgy? Would like to see what they'd look like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I'll try!