1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a custom Parcel Shelf?

Stevie C Sep 7, 2008

1. Stevie C

Stevie C Stevie C

Hi, I know many places offer a custom acoustic parcel shelf for the 8L but cant find one for an A3 8P 3 door. Was wondering if anyone has had one made or knows if anyone makes them which also incorporates the original sun visor?

Any help would be useful!!

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Only custom thing I did to mine was adding the self retracting shelf ropes from the 8L onto my 8P as those stupid hanging balls are just an idiotic idea, cant believe they put them in there, guess you could donate to a psych ward for conker games, lol,

3. Boydie

Boydie Guest

Nigel - is that an easy mod to do???

Would mind doing that as the hanging balls annoy the flook out of me!!

Do you have a price and part number from audi?

Some pictures would be great!

thanks!

4. NHN

get back to yer later with images, in meantime here's a commercial, lol.

Etka A3 1999 image 867-90 part number 10 & 11

Retractable shelf rope: 8L0 867 791 x 2
    Plastic Rope Guides/Trims: 8L0 867 341 x 2

Ok so pull the old rubber conkers out, remove the trims that are already in there which guides & protects the ropes, now you need to have a wood/metal drill bit the same diameter as the new rope guides/trims & drill the holes to the internal hidden inserted diameter of these when in the holes if you get me, when done obvious clear out any dust or wood chips in the hole, you need to now push the new retracted ropes plastic head & dont detach the rope leave it on there & yes I know its fiddly but helps u when fitting the underside as it has tension on it then to hold on place, so push through the hole & then as per the images with some araldite/epoxy glue & be generous but not to much it overspills from the sides, glue the main housing underneath as per my images in the same positions or could rub the rope to much, its important you use the same angles as mine so they retract ok & dont rub thus breaking, the epoxy takes 5 minutes to set if you buy the quick set glue & hold it down hard while it setting cause of the material, once 20 minutes past I then got the top trim cover & pushed it into the top of the parcel shelf whilst holding the underneath to not push this of the glue & round the rope & it does push into a certain position, if you are having any probs just put a spot of superglue round the outside of the hidden bit of the trim, push in & leave to set, but check the ropes whilst its setting are able to be pulled out & retracts easily into the shelf ok so glue doesnt glue this aswell, lol.

Once tested leave to set overnight & voila all done, as you can see no glue residue to be seen & no fecking rubber conkers anymore.

You are lucky as I took some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Boydie

Boydie Guest

Good work lad thanks very much - and it all works 100%? looks factory?

6. NHN

about as OEM as you could get, you wouldnt even be able to tell, trust me, if you're careful with the glue then wouldnt even see that either, works 100% better than the OEM conkers.