Anyone handy with a spanner near SE London/ Kent

neap38

Reaction score
Anyone interested in finishing off a clutch and flywheel change on my 1.8T 150?

The box is ready to come off (with some persuading it looks like) with driveshafts disconnected, all bolts have been put back into their correct positions where possible apart from the gearbox bolts obviously.

The car is on a private driveway, on axel stands with enough room underneath to work on without being too cramped.

I have all parts and fluids needed to complete the job.

If interested, give me a fixed price.

Reason being, im struggling to find enough hours in the day for time off work, decent weather and the girlfriend!

Please only reply if your competent at doing a job of this scale other wise unfinished, unsatisfactory work or damage to my car will not go down well.

Car is located in Bromley, Kent .

Thanks.

Many people wont touch unfinished work like that. Get the GF involved and crack on with it!

Reactions: s3dave
Lol believe me I've tried to persuade her to get her hands dirty. Completely agree with you though, its not ideal but I have gone out of my way to put all the bolts back as I've removed parts for easy assembly so if someone decides to take the job on then they wont be given a bag full of nuts and bolts and left to figure out where they all go.

Next time your feeling angry, rain or shine, get that box off, clutch changed and box back on. with that out of the way youll feel you have accomplished something and motivate to get it done.

if you do get a taker you wont get a fixed price
anything could happen to add hours to the job.

if you do get a taker you wont get a fixed price
anything could happen to add hours to the job.
Well said, even a garage would not give a fixed price as it is without adding 10-20% extra to allow for surprises ! The way i see it is you're a bit fussy so it would be better if you finish what you started ! Don't get me wrong, i was about to offer to fit it for you but the transverse engines are quite a pain to work on, the box needs turning on it's axis which is not too easy under the car on the drive. I have done many and i know what i am talking about !

Yeah I am a bit fussy but the manner of my OP was mainly to put off anyone that isnt so sure on what to do but would like to "have a go" on someone else's car. Its looking like ill carry on this weekend with it which isn't too much bother but it really irritates me when you get stuck on something simple which sucks up all the time. With the audi how it is now it has given me de ja vue of the gearbox change I did on my Mondeo the other month and how horrific that was to maneuver out of the engine bay and back onto the block by my self.

So yeah, wise move deciding against it id say adamss24 lol.