1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had trouble with the latest version of VCDS?

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Westy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

I'm using version 10.6 and when I log the measuring blocks of the engine module it is telling me that there isn't a label file for it (8N0 906 018 BH). I've done a search for this label file under the label folder and it doesn't exist.

I followed Ross-Tech's instructions for manually creating a label file but that doesn't seem to have worked correctly either.

The other problem I'm having is logging block 020 to read the fuel trime/timing pull. All other blocks seems to be giving me results except this one which just reads 0 on all 4 fields. Now i'm not sure if this has something to do with the above label file being missing or something else.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what I should check?

TIA
  2. S3 TAM

S3 TAM Pocket now empty

I've checked my label files and it doesn't appear to be there on mine as well.
  3. Dana @ Ross-Tech

Dana @ Ross-Tech Member

I suspect you ran control module maps as described here: Control Module Maps - Ross-Tech Wiki

If so they contain the data from the module(s) you mapped and we can use them in combination with the repair manual or legwork/research to create label files. Please send the maps and a complete Auto-Scan to: Support -at- Ross-Tech.com
  4. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Thanks for the reply Dana, I'll send over the files.