1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had probs with their indicators

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_christhick, Feb 20, 2005.

1. imported_christhick

imported_christhick Guest

My indicators seem to be playing up occasionally. The indicators flash once or twice and then stay on permanently. The light on the dash also stays on ‘green’. The hazards work fine so I’m sure its not the relay, fuse or a bulb fault.

Has anyone had a fault indicator stalk which needed replacing?
  2. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

New one on me. Maybe a case of stripping down, cleaning the contacts & putting it back together.
  3. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

Sounds like that's your flasher unit mate... basically a relay. It stops after a few flashes because the coil is probably knackered and heats up and breaks down after 1 or two operations.

Just a thought...
  4. Mustafa4hmed

Mustafa4hmed Member

Im gettin a prob when i indicate left - it dont seem to cancel out most of the time and keeps on indicatin left. Some times it does cancel out so not sure what it is.
  5. imported_christhick

imported_christhick Guest

I'm hoping someone will say its a problem with the indicator stalk. Then I can justify replacing it with cruise control!!!

Its another clitch for the mechanics to look at when they do the Cambelt.

Cheers for your help lads.
  6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good thing you didn't post this question on a BMW forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif