1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had any problems after remap?

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by 18ME, Jul 26, 2003.

1. 18ME

18ME Member

[Jul 26, 2003]
    Has anyone experienced any problems on their 1.9tdi after a remap or chip upgrade etc?
    I had my car remapped on Thursday with good results but I've just encountered bad starting when the car is warm which I never experienced before the remap, maybe its just a coincidence but I thought I might ask people about this on here before I take it to the dealers, as its only a few weeks old I am not too happy about it.
    I will ask the tuners about it before I do because if it is related to the remap then the dealer will not warranty it will they.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    Was it a chip, remap or tuning box?
  4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 27, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    18ME said:
    Has anyone experienced any problems on their 1.9tdi after a remap or chip upgrade etc?
    I had my car remapped on Thursday with good results but I've just encountered bad starting when the car is warm which I never experienced before the remap, maybe its just a coincidence but I thought I might ask people about this on here before I take it to the dealers, as its only a few weeks old I am not too happy about it.
    I will ask the tuners about it before I do because if it is related to the remap then the dealer will not warranty it will they.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was it done by?

I would have thought it was just coincidence
  5. 18ME

18ME Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    It was a remap.
  6. 18ME

18ME Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    I hope it is just a coincidence as I don't really want to travel all the way back to Bicester.
    On a positive note though, jumping out of the R32 into the A4 isn't as mundane now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif with 190bhp and 295ftlbs from the 1.9.
  7. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Jul 28, 2003]
    Was it RR'd before and after? Might be worth giving the guys who did it a call and talking with them before taking it to the dealer?
  8. 18ME

18ME Member

[Jul 29, 2003]
    Yes it was RR'd before and after with a hefty 40bhp increase. I have spoken to them and it sounds as it was just a coincidence so I've booked it in at the dealers.

Wish me luck.
  9. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Jul 31, 2003]
    Good luck! Let us konw what it is !