Anyone had a free MOT with Audi, and passed that MOT?

heeman10

Audi driver since Dec 08
Reaction score
It's about MOT time, and I'm wondering whether or not I want to do it through Audi again. Once again, they're offering free MOTs, but last time, I failed on split outer CV boots at each side. I only had two days to get the car MOT'd and taxed (reminders went to an old address!), so just had to bite the bullet and have them do it the same day, at a cost of £330 :(

So, my question is: Has anyone taken them up on their offer of a free MOT, but then passed the MOT with no need for work? I didn't even inspect my CV boots (poor, I know, but time was not on my side) prior to the work being carried out, but do wonder if there was a genuine issue. As an aside, the boots were mentioned to me after the next service just a couple of months later, by a different Audi dealership. They thought they were on their way out!!!? Man I hate them :banghead:

Yeah I got the free MOT and passed with no problems or even advisories. But mine is a 57 plate so literally 3 years old which you would expect to pass with no problems.

Indeed, thanks for the feedback though. At least I know it is possible, I had my doubts!

Yeah had mine done on Friday, passed despite my worries of my worn disks and questionable number plates...

Had mine done in Feb. Car was a 2005/54 with 70k on the clock and it passed, no problem. This was a slightly different offer tho. I got the free MOT on the back of a ticket stub for a shopping centre car park

Yeah had mine done on Friday, passed despite my worries of my worn disks and questionable number plates...
Don't you just love walking in to collect your car, with all your fingers crossed?

Okay then chaps, sounds good, I'll give it another whirl then. I'll try the slightly less horrendous dealership of my two local Audi dealerships, and stuff rabbits' feet all over the car. Nobody smash a mirror on my special day please :)

I've just read that their current offer ties you into servicing with them, unlike last year. Grrrrrrrr! Last time they serviced it they left a latex glove full of oil hanging off an aircon pipe, dangling over the alternator. £100 an hour well spent? More than questionable!

Free MOT - passed no problems. And they collected and delivered the car back. And they followed my instructions and didnt wash the car! RESULT!!

BUT - I have MOT insurance upto £750 as I bought s/h from an Audi dealer. Which i didnt realise until i was looking through my paperwork last week after it passed!!

Give your wiper blades a quick clean before you drop it off - mine failed on those and they have you by the short n curlys! Only £26 to replace them though and didn't charge for a 're-test' so still the best deal around!

Wiperblades are a "minor" item, they can sorted before finishing MOT to avoid doing a retest. When doing an MOT you test the vehicle as presented & mark down all that fails or needs advised. If its failing on a minor item like a bulb etc after completing the test you can repair the fault before logging the end of the test (goes down as a PRS - Pass after Rectification at Site)

Passed with 100 cell cats which I did wonder about.

With a tough winter ahead, be interesting to see if it passes again in March.

Ive had my free MOT done twice now, passed both times with no problems!

I had the free MOT, passed with a couple of advisory's which I knew about so id definitely recommend.

Failed my first one on front pads.
Apparently a sticky caliper was causing un even wear and the inside pad was on the metal, therefore deemed dangerous.

Cost me £150, however the upside is that the dealer agreed to push through a new clutch on warranty on the very last day before it expired.
All in all it felt like a result in the end.
£150 for an MOT, front pads fitted and a new clutch is a bit of a bargain.

cheers
Paul

Some good feedback here, thanks everyone. I called up today, on the back of this thread, and was told that an MOT is free if your car has a full Audi service history, and I am not tied to having my car serviced within the Audi Group by accepting a free MOT. Booked in next Tuesday :)

I had mine done few months ago 54 plater on around 87k miles, it passed

but

Few days later my turbo nearly went and a pipe had to be replaced, the dealer i went to was the only dealer in the north west which had the part in stock, all others said they didn't stock that part it had to be ordered