1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got BOSE??

chrisash32 Jan 24, 2010

1. JimLoskot

JimLoskot Member

out of interest how much you looking at to retrofit the bose system assuming you can get the parts fairly cheap 2nd hand?

2. grum71

grum71 The S4 with the V8 soundtrack

Amazing! Snipped the wire - excellent base. Many Thanks.:rockwoot:

3. cobraBLACK

cobraBLACK Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

How do you actually get the head unit out?

I took the gear stick surround off but wasn't sure about the next step without risking snapping something.

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6

5. cobraBLACK

6. B5NUT

Yes they will.

7. cobraBLACK

I got the removal tools but it's been a bit of a balls up:

Firstly, I don't seem to have a Bose pin (see photos) but worse, the connector with a retaining arm was loose so, when I pulled the head unit out, it came out and now I need a code to get the unit working again. I don't think I was given a code when I bought the car - what can I do?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Have you checked your booklets, usually service book has the code if its been printed!

9. cobraBLACK

Panic over! I found it in the manual just after posting.

So, does anyone know why I don't seem to have a Bose pin?

10. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

You shouldn't have to put your code in again as that unit should be coded to your car.

11. B5NUT

I think that was only on the RNS-E, the RNS-D had can communication to the TMC module, and not direct connection to the instrument cluster.

12. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

Oh...maybe that's why then! I forgot that it talked to the TMC.

13. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

Even on the RNS-E (retrofitted units with wiring loom adaptor) if you plug in the main power connector before the CAN-L/H connector (i.e. 20-pin: CD Changer/BOSE or rear Amp connector) - it will ask for the code as the Radio has no contact over CAN-BUS with the convenience module where the radio code is stored/confirmed.
    For retrofitted RNS-E make sure power connector is last plug in if you do not unplug the connectors first from the back of the RNS-E.

Not sure if this is the same with RNS-D?

14. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

I Quite fancy this now as a bank holiday weekend upgrade!

Can anyone recommend some parts (keeping in mind i will most likely be going to halfords haha, unless somewhere else thats open in recommended!)

I decided to give up and move away from OEM as i am sick of the bass distorting on the rear standard sub in my A4!
    I just want something with a bit if kick from the boot!

Cheers!
    Chris

15. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

dunno where you live but www.caraudiosecurity.com have shops in london who would supply a 8" JL Audio sub at a good price.

16. defsix

defsix Member

Just cut the bose wire on my bose avant system...I was a little nervous and had also contemplated doing the audi bulletin too. So I cut the wire...Holy **** there's some difference, completely different sound now :D