Anyone got an S4 with the RS4 turbos etc?

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have an S4 with the RS4 KO4, intercooler, fuel rail etc fitted? If so, where did you get the parts and fitting?

Been thinking about it for a long time myself but dont fancy spending the 4K plus fitting that APR want for the kit.

I know a few people with it done, its a very expensive conversion and most of the cost is labour. 5 hours to take the engine out and 5 hours to put back in.

RS4 spec'd S4s, remapped properly are amazing.VERY rapid cars!!

Rich

So, does anyone on this forum either know where I can get the RS4 kit for less thatn 4K or where I can get the GT25R kit for even less than that?

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=rsk04

thats a good start, with different options with or without mani's etc

awe_s4_rsk04_kit.jpg

Ditto what David said. There are quite a few posts on there - and some current ones on not only RS4 turbos, but RS4 & RS6 hybrid turbos with the potential of delivering 500+ BHP (WIth lots of extras) with no real increase in lag over plain jane RS4 K04's.

or why not give AmD or MRC a ring if your looking at getting it fitted as most tuners carry the parts anyway.

Well my car has K04's, RS4 intercoolers, uprated fuelling and a MRC remap and its pushing 400bhp. However the torque is what counts 450lb/ft!! Luckily for me this upgrade was carried out prior to my purchase.

madkebab said:
Well my car has K04's, RS4 intercoolers, uprated fuelling and a MRC remap and its pushing 400bhp. However the torque is what counts 450lb/ft!! Luckily for me this upgrade was carried out prior to my purchase.

Bet that pulls hard :)

Costs a good few grand to get to those levels doesn't it?

was that miks old one ?

if you want to save major cash on these kind of parts it will take time. You need to pick up as much as possible from the US preferrably private sale.
I am sourcing parts all over for a 1.8t big turbo conversion, turbo from California (£500 instead of £1000), manifold from Canada (£200 instead of £450), has an intercooler made and fitted as a development project (saved £700), 2nd hand injectors, lots of misc pipework and bits from ebay etc.
I was facing a £3500-4000 bill for fitment and mapping of all parts required and I can get that down to less than £2k all in with some time and effort.
that pays for the brakes and suspension!