Anyone got an RNSE, AMI and an iPhone?

Adamantium

Reaction score
Hi all, want to ask someone to test the functionality of something for me.

Theres an excellent ap called cameralert, that uses gps and hen pocketgps database to alert you to known speed camera sites including mobile sites.

I just want to know if, when plugged in to the ami and listening to the iPod, if the audible camera war ing sounds come through the speakers when the ap is running at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

I have what you are looking But no camera alert app point me in the right direction and I'll give it a go.

It's just called cameralert, it's free on the ap store. Just download, switch it on, and drive passed a camera while listening to the iPhone music library. If you get a warning, alls well with the world.

Downloaded the free app this morning just had a drive past two local fixed camera,
the alerts come through car speakers when connected to ami during music play back from iPhone.
Worth a try free app,

Is this App contantly running? would i need to switch on App every time i drivE?

Yes you would.

It uses gps and so a lot of power. If you dont configure it not to, it also uses data to download maps. You have the choice of always, in the vicinity of a camera or never.

I choose nev as I rely on the audio warnings.

Youve just confirmed wha. Need to know so have just asked Nigel to fit one for me since he has my car still.

I only switch it on if I am goinng for s spirited drive or to places I've it been to before.

Its pretty good as me & N8 were doing some testing with this for Adam with the ami I fitted for him & works well, the android version is also very good & seems to have a shed load more settings than IOS, which I find strange but alas, but yes also confirmed it works over AMI for the iphone only which is good for Adam :)

Downloaded app and will test it out tomorrow :-D

Thank you Nige for the install yesterday :-D something to look forward to.

You should be able to use it via both your auxin & ipod connection in glovebox if you have 1 fitted :)