1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a roof box?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by RosMc, Aug 16, 2010.

1. RosMc

RosMc Member

[Aug 16, 2010]
    Looking to buy a roof box for my car - got a A4 Avante.

I currently have Thule Aero roof bars which i use with my two Thule 591 cycle racks.

Looking to buy a roof box too, as when we go away with the dog in the boot, all our gear has to get crammed into the back seat.

Im looking for recommendations, and wondering what any of you guys use - ideally i need something that will allow me to fit at least one cycle rack.

Oh, and being a car snob, it need to be gloss black to match the cars paintwork. :blush::yes:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Mini-mad-matt

Mini-mad-matt Member

[Sep 22, 2010]
    Just seen your question mate. Don't know if it's too late, but I have a gloss black roof box for my avant. it's made by Farad and I bought it from The Roof Box Company. It's great as you can open it from either side. I always locate mine perfectly centrally, but if you did it off to one side, you should be able to fit a bike rack as well. Hope that helps.
  4. RosMc

RosMc Member

[Oct 22, 2010]
    Thanks

I got a Thule Atlantis 600 in gloss black in the end. Looks the part, is a decent size and also fits two cycle racks (just).