1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a good pic of front windscreen?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ferris, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ferris

ferris Member

[Sep 2, 2009]
    Just noticed on my S3 that the offside windscrren wiper looks too high and seems to be very curved. The end of it sits just onder the tax disc holder and is quite noticeable when driving.

I haven't got access to a camera unfortunately but if anyone could post a pic of an S3 (preferably new ish) so i can compare to mine that would be very helpful, thanks.

I did have my windsceen replaced as a chipped it after 2 weeks so i'm wondering if they did some damage to it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. slim40

slim40 Member

[Sep 2, 2009]
    Ah, I looked at mine the other week and noticed the same- it does drop down when you turn the wipers off, ie not on auto mode. The wiper arm is long and curved too, very odd looking thing! I reckon the wiper might go too low if you removed it and replaced one spline clockwise, but feel free to try it and report back ;-)

Slim
  4. S.

S. Well-Known Member

[Sep 2, 2009]
    nothing to worry about, it's annoying i know, but it something Audi has made so the wipers don't get worn easily cause they don't stop everytime on the same position :icon_thumright: