Anyone got a Blackvue in Birmingham that plugs into the cigar socket?

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
I need a favour, I want to try your lead on mine to eliminate a fault.
Mine is hardwired and has gone off, not sure if its the power supply or the camera.
I will donate a bottle of Chivas for your trouble.

Hi Paul

What type of connector does it have??

I dont have a Blackvue, but may know someone that will be able to help you out.

Aaah ok, I will have a word with someone I know and come back to you, if you still have my number drop me a text tonight as a reminder :)

Reactions: NHN
I'm driving down the M6 tomorrow Paul, so bell me after 12, so I can see where I am & possibly check the wiring.

Reactions: Nilz
Can't you just use a test lamp or multimeter, even pull the wires out on an old sidelight bulb, just to confirm the power is on?

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately my contact is out of town for a few days but said he can check when he is back in Brum, let me know if you dont get anywhere with Nigel and I will get in touch with him when he is back.

All sorted :)

Was a very wanting install of the electrics by a socalled auto electrician, terrible job, wrapped bare wires wrong a cig lighter adapter & taped, didn't solder & also the negative wire was barely conducting to the chassis, but now Paul is rolling again & very happy.

Was a pleasure to help you out mate, thanks for the tea & protein bars, they're great, my friend will love the whisky, great guy :)

Reactions: Nilz and jdp1962
Was a very wanting install of the electrics by a socalled auto electrician, terrible job, wrapped bare wires wrong a cig lighter adapter & taped, didn't solder & also the negative wire was barely conducting to the chassis, but now Paul is rolling again & very happy.

Expertly installed by Enhance Car security and audio in Sittingbourne, just in case you are thinking of having one installed there.

Reactions: Nilz and NHN
Expertly installed by Enhance Car security and audio in Sittingbourne, just in case you are thinking of having one installed there.

Without even a hint of sarcasm :)

No way that's ever coming apart again that's for sure, I used half a tube of solder on the feckers lol.

I saw 1st hand, no way they can complain, it was bottom line shxt work, no forgiveness for that level of stupidity.

Doesn't make sense, how many wires are actually needed to instal this cam system? I keep meaning to get one.

Doesn't make sense, how many wires are actually needed to install this cam system? I keep meaning to get one.

A live and an earth,but be warned, this can be technically challenging for some auto electricians to do correctly.
( I wouldn't mind so much if he was my own finding but it was a mates recommendation)

Or for the easiest option, just put the plug on the end of the lead into your cigar lighter socket.

-/+, its not the number of, its the way it was wired in, cig lighter adapter had the 2 wires wrapped around the conducting parts, then electrical tape, that's a cowboy way of doing things as they were actually loose anyway, then the - was screwed to metal support, which had paint on so wasn't conducting very well at all, overall it was fairly poor way to do things tbh.

-/+, its not the number of, its the way it was wired in, cig lighter adapter had the 2 wires wrapped around the conducting parts, then electrical tape, that's a cowboy way of doing things as they were actually loose anyway, then the - was screwed to metal support, which had paint on so wasn't conducting very well at all, overall it was fairly poor way to do things tbh.

That sounds like something I would do!

Reactions: CHEZ and Sandra
I doubt it, you'd ask me to sort it lol

Glad you got it all sorted mate, Nigel to the rescue yet again!!!