Anyone good with alloys?? need some help :(

Stfc87

Reaction score
Hi all, I went and fetched a set of Rs4 reps i bought off ebay. Seller told me they would fit an Audi b7 as they were on his brothers car, but recently came off his Audi A6 2012 reg.

Come to fit them & the center bore is too big, i can probably get the bolts in as they look like they will line up (not 100% sure yet) but there is a lot of play between my Hub & the bore of the alloy.

This is all the info i have got off the inside of the alloy for you to make sense of ;)
ET 35
C A6
M
Av7
19 x 8 1/2 JJ
111 Via (or w via)
Non o.e.m

Can i make them fit somehow or have i been taken for a ride lol. I would like them to fit as they look nice

Appreciate any help :)
Thanks.

19 inch.

Last edited:
hi mate, as a start you'll need to measure the center bore of the wheel mate, how much bigger is than the hub center ? if its only a few mm you can get some spigot rings to take up the space ?
example,

Reactions: Stfc87
you'll be needing some spigot rings, just measure the outside diameter of the hub lip and the inner diameter of the alloy wheel centre hole and you have the info you need to get the right size spigot rings, very straight forward process and only cost a few pounds.
I along with many other use spigot rings, pretty standard procedure for fitting differing centre bore alloys etc.

Thanks guys, will take one to work & get a vernier on the bore, i have googled what the b7 hub is so just need the size off the alloy now & hopefully i will be able to get a set of spigot rings. Thanks again

As above a set of spigot rings should sort you out. As you know the CB on the B7 is 57.1mm so when you have found the wheels bore just goto Ebay and type "spigot ring 57.1 X" where X is the wheels bore. Round it to the nearest mm to find the most amounts of hits. A lot of the dimensions of wheel bores are not whole mm size. 73.1mm is pretty common.

That helps a lot, Thank you, shouldn't be too much trouble after all then :). I usually buy wheels that fit strait on so never come across this before lol.

there you go chap, your question has been answered and your problem is almost solved, so if in doubt, ask the question and someone will be along within a short time to help you out.
Glad we all have been of some help.
don't forget piccy's when you have got them on, you'll be amazed at how much difference they will make to your look and feel of your car, enjoy.

Fitted today, the rings worked. Now i have an issue with the drivers rear scrubbing on the inner arch. The wheels are wide & the tyres 225 40 19. Its only that one that i have noticed. And thats without passengers so i need to sort something.

those 19" 8.5j on an et35 should be ok , it maybe an issue with your rear suspension geometry being out on that side , if it was the wheels you'd get the same issue on both sides of the rear, your not on lowered springs by any chance are you, anyway stick a pic on here of it and well try and assist, normally though if it is just one side that is rubbing then your suspension is out and you'll need to get it all checked out and adjusted , not a big problem for your local tyre/wheel centre.

Thanks for the reply, it is just the one side, i'm on standard S'line suspension as far as i'm aware, they look standard anyway. It's catching just on the inside next to the bodywork. I will get it checked over asap.
Thanks

Attachments

• Snapchat-1179917071710139520.jpg
    Snapchat-1179917071710139520.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 125
Fitted today, the rings worked. Now i have an issue with the drivers rear scrubbing on the inner arch. The wheels are wide & the tyres 225 40 19. Its only that one that i have noticed. And thats without passengers so i need to sort something.

Ideally you should be running a 35 profile tyre on a 19" wheel, the 40 you've fitted has increased the overall diameter so won't help with clearance issues.

as above aswell, I didn't see you were running 40 profile on them.
here's what you on now then , left is prettywell stock on 18" on a 40 profile , the right is 19" also on 40 profle, you can see as ajax pointed out your overall diameter has increased by approx. 18mm, but as you only have the rubbing on one side it probably is the geometry out , the clearance is reduced with the 40's but get it checked out properly and go from there.
Rim77

Thanks for the replies, i love this forum :) i will be getting it checked. The inner arch may just hang lower than the passenger side or something daft, the increased tyre size doesn't help either. But will have it looked at asap. Thanks again

just a bit of extra info for you, here's the comparison for standard and 19" 35's
Rim78

Wouldn't a 225 / 30 be a better option to give that little bit more clearance?

here you go 235/35 v 225/30
compare rolling dia with the data from the other charts and you'll see how profiles effect overall diameter etc.
Rim88

Wouldn't a 225 / 30 be a better option to give that little bit more clearance?
you need to keep in mind that the tyre side wall profile is a % of the tyre width, so you'll need to decided on the width of tyre you want first in a 19" dia then adjust the profile accordingly , as it been mention already 235/35 - 19 is a good size , but all down to sizing things and getting as close to the correct rolling diameter as possible, 19" is not a factory option on the A4 but was on the RS4 so you'll be fine just make sure you get the right tyre for the job.
I don't think you really want to be going less than a 35 profile on a 19" otherwise its going to be really hard ride .

Cheers lads all sorted now. I went for a full set of 235 40 19s, £250 lighter mind. The garage checked the car over and said everything looked fine, hes doing tracking for free on saturday :)

Cheers lads all sorted now. I went for a full set of 235 40 19s, £250 lighter mind. The garage checked the car over and said everything looked fine, hes doing tracking for free on saturday :)
£250 for a set of 4 ??
what you get?

Unless they are part worns they must be the cheapest tyres he had in stock at that size.They are all the same though round and black :)

Actually the cheapest were 50 pound a corner inc vat fully fitted, mine were 59 roughly. Brand new! not sure on the brand without looking, will double check when i get chance.