Anyone going to GTI International this year.

Markey

Reaction score
Reply to the post and maybe be could all meet up whilst there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

JBR will be there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif sprint side trade stands

Cool Rich may have to pop over and say hello, will the car be there on show?

[ QUOTE ]
Cool Rich may have to pop over and say hello, will the car be there on show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do! Always like to meet folk off here... Im the one that looks A)too young to drive what i do and B) too young to run a company. lol

The car will be there, yes. will also be blasting it down the strip.

Rich

Great will do, it will be cool to see you ragging around.
Ive never been so will there be like a drag strip or a track?

[ QUOTE ]
Great will do, it will be cool to see you ragging around.
Ive never been so will there be like a drag strip or a track?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drag strip only... Gets a bit boring after a while but watching the 3 second 0-60 cars is a good laugh.

Rich

Yeah, GTI International's strip can be hard to see the action sometimes. Santa pod is obviously better for viewing.

But still, fun to see the more powerfull entries.

I will be there both days.

Rich could you do me a good price on a set of Samco hoses for my S3?

[ QUOTE ]
I will be there both days.

Rich could you do me a good price on a set of Samco hoses for my S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

We've stopped doing samco hoses as we dont make ANY profit on them. Looking into a different supplier for silicone products (not Samco)

[ QUOTE ]
I can't make it this year...
I head back offshore the Thursday before...

This will be the first year since about 1997 that I've missed.
Boo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a shame. Work always gets in the way of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i will try to get to this..

be good to meet some of you guys.

never been before?? is there a place that all the s3's will be parked or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No..its just a huge car park...aka runway. The strip is on a taxiway and the show area is by the hangers.

Rich

The car park is just as good as the show! perhaps even better! Loads and loads of VW / Audis!

Looking forward to it!

Me to i have never been befoer so it should be great. Going to make sure that i have my Audi-Sport stick on the car!! May get some t-shirts made as well so you can recognise, me anyone else want one?

I live very close to the event so I'll attend, probably just Saturday. It would be good to meet you guys also.

I've been to GTI Int. once in 2003. It was good but I would like to see more Audi trade stands selling Audi parts/gear.

Like Rich said, the stand is a large car park. There's a runway for drag strip racing. It does get crowded because people have to gather around the fences to see the action.

i may have to pop along, would be good to meet some more of u lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

where can i find info about this event? i'd like to come down to that but keep frgetting to look it up..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i will try to get to this..

be good to meet some of you guys.

never been before?? is there a place that all the s3's will be parked or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No..its just a huge car park...aka runway. The strip is on a taxiway and the show area is by the hangers.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So there's not going to be a special AS.net parking plot then??? I'm going along this year, first year of attendance for me... Sunday probably, hope to put a few faces to the Avatars! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

@Dicky, agree, spent about two hours last year walking around the car park looking at brakes, cats on S3s.
Going up on Sunday if you fancy tagging along.

Chris.

Cheers for the invite Chris, but I'm actually travelling up on Friday afternoon (me, misses, brother-in law and his misses and a mate with a R32) and staying over Fri and Sat night, returning on Sunday.

I will only be going to the show on Sat though.

Should be a good weekend! I've been for the past 6 years (I prefer TRL personally but the new location isn't too bad except for the distance!)

So if anyone spots a Ming Blue S3 being tailgated by a Blue R32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif then give us a wave! You should be able to work out if its me by my number plate (oh and the handsome driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif)

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for the invite Chris, but I'm actually travelling up on Friday afternoon (me, misses, brother-in law and his misses and a mate with a R32) and staying over Fri and Sat night, returning on Sunday.

I will only be going to the show on Sat though.

Should be a good weekend! I've been for the past 6 years (I prefer TRL personally but the new location isn't too bad except for the distance!)

So if anyone spots a Ming Blue S3 being tailgated by a Blue R32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif then give us a wave! You should be able to work out if its me by my number plate (oh and the handsome driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif)

Rich.

[/ QUOTE ] I'll look out for you...were travveling up friday too so look for the A3, kingfisher blue A4 and a white van!

Should be leaving about 3ish so not sure what time I will get there! Not even sure of the way to be honest with you as I will be relying on tomtom to get me there!

I will have one of those old fasioned paper map things in the boot for backup mind you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If I spot you I'll tell my mate with the R32 to give you a race! I'll tell him your a bog standard 1.8T and i'l try and drive in a straight line as I'm laughing my head off with you disappearing in the distance!

[ QUOTE ]
Should be leaving about 3ish so not sure what time I will get there! Not even sure of the way to be honest with you as I will be relying on tomtom to get me there!

I will have one of those old fasioned paper map things in the boot for backup mind you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If I spot you I'll tell my mate with the R32 to give you a race! I'll tell him your a bog standard 1.8T and i'l try and drive in a straight line as I'm laughing my head off with you disappearing in the distance!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha.... that'd be a laugh!

i will be there sunday with a few of the lads from work, if you see a red golf vr6,a ming blue S3, a mint mk1 golf gti and a ford ka two miles behind give as a wave

soughted, i should be down there myself, depending on who im coming with i'll drive my car down or we might all just hop into the gtir.
I'll know where rich is standing so i guess bumping into others will be pot luck. hope to meet some of you there though.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bad *** looking A3 though, so might give it away that there's a little extra something under the hood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Looks like I am going with a couple of mates... not sure how well the beemer will go down in the car park though....

Might have to put a little sign in the window....

"A3 on order, apologies for the mistake"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

jojo.. theres 4 of us going on sunday from warrington.. if you want to convoy down on the sunday let me know and we can sort out details.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo.. theres 4 of us going on sunday from warrington.. if you want to convoy down on the sunday let me know and we can sort out details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a plan, what time are you guys setting off, and what route are you taking?