Anyone going to Castle Coombe this Saturday?

copperband

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is going to the above mentioned event this Sat? http://www.autometrix.co.uk/castlecombe.html

I've booked in for the morning 3 sessions, never done a track day so have no idea what to expect. I am told this is a challenging circuit for the newbie but that the organisation on the day is good with not too many on the track at once.

if anyone else is going,let me know it would be good to meet up on the day :)

There is a post in the events section showing a few of us who are turning up...
http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57773

Yeah, good one for a track day virgin. As you say, a lot fewer cars on track and people tend to behave themselves. Just be wary of Quarry corner - especially on the first lap out of a session when your tyres are cold.

I'll be there either on track on the vagowners.co.uk stand in my Ibiza.

Just wondering if anyone is going to the above mentioned event this Sat? http://www.autometrix.co.uk/castlecombe.html

I've booked in for the morning 3 sessions, never done a track day so have no idea what to expect. I am told this is a challenging circuit for the newbie but that the organisation on the day is good with not too many on the track at once.

if anyone else is going,let me know it would be good to meet up on the day :)

I will be there but i guess you already know that.

How is the car been going the last few days ?

Hmm, just seen this and I'm tempted as I live not far from Castle Combe.

How long is a session? It doesn't seem to say, I take it half day is three sessions and full day is six with each session limited to 12 cars but how long do they typically last?

From what i can understanf Mike it is about 15 mins per session actually on the track. This seems less that the normal track day for the money but then only 12 on the track at a time means there is a lot of space which makes it perfect to push the car as much or as little as you want and at the same try that lap timer on the S3 computer ;-)

If you car is standard you might want to drop rabs a line, you could get the 1 hour free Revo trial to test out on the track?

Thanks for the info, car is standard at the moment so Revo trial might be an idea!

15 minutes is enough for a session, should be 10 laps or more of Castle Combe I would think.

Nice to not have many cars around as well!!

Hi

We will be there and I will be giving free lap rides in Millteks R8 and our Seat Leon Cupra Sportmaxx during the day. Come along to the Milltek stand and ask for the next available slot.

Cheers Shaun.

Great that there will be a few there from this forum . I'm really looking forward to this, booked 3 sessions for the morning although I have the feeling that I will get the urge to do the whole day once I've done the first drive!

Another plus is that Ian at Powermap (rabs on here) as done a sterling effort to set my S3 up ready for the event.

In brief my car had the Revo remap a year ago and 36k mile later needed a tune up!
After 3 good runs with the laptop attached Ian took sufficient telemetry to make the necessary adjustments to the ECU. the result is a like driving a different car, I cannot believe how much the car is improved over where it was a week ago. All the hesitation and lag is gone and the car feels sharp and responsive again. Admittedly the boost pressure is up from 6 to 7 (which will be turned back after sat) but it is a phenomenal difference and without wanting to labour it I must thank Ian again for over an hour of his time last weekend, all Free of charge :) Great after sales service.

Hi

We will be there and I will be giving free lap rides in Millteks R8 and our Seat Leon Cupra Sportmaxx during the day. Come along to the Milltek stand and ask for the next available slot.

Cheers Shaun.

A ride in the R8 sounds like fun, see you on the stand :thumbsup:

probably be going up their for the afternoon, as long as it ain`t pi**ing down!!:blink:

Id love to go but have people staying this weekend.

The guy who bought my S4 is taking it there, so if you see a black S4 saloon having the nuts ragged off it, kindly ask the driver to pull over, get a stool and kick his ***! You can leave the stool out if you are over 6'6" like Alex who now has it lol!