Anyone fitted DR650GW 2-Channel to their A4?

Macster

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Just bought the above dashcam, and wondered if anyone else has fitted it in an A4 saloon, (I know Amanda has the 550 fitted). What I'm after is images of its placement, front & rear. I'm good for fitting the coax, and sticking them in place, I'm looking for optimum positioning as the front can't go in front of the mirror as its fixed to the screen, and there's the high level brake light at the rear. Always good to have feedback from those that have done it before :0)

And any coax hiding tips if I have to remove anything.

Also, I need a seriously simple guide to wiring the Power Magic Pro in too, I mean a really simple step-by-step!

Thanks in advance

Il get pictures tomorrow of my one fitted for you bud. Can't help with wiring as I got a pro to do it, who recommended I didn't use power magic pro as he hard wired into mains

I hae the 650.
The fron is mounted to the left & above the rear view mirror
The rear is mounted just below the centre brake light
WP 20160317 009

Image 1

Last edited:
Thanks both, appreciate the responses.

I plugged mine into the cigarette lighter just to power it up and check it worked okay, (before fitting), but all I get is a "please check SD card" message repeating, formatted the card, changed the firmware etc. but still no joy, and the wifi light just keeps flashing and I can't connect/see the network to connect. Emailed the seller, just waiting for an answer.

Did you format using the software on the SD card? has to be FAT not NTFS foormat

Download Blackvue software and format device via that software.
You need to update firmware on device same happened me.

Will get pictures tomorrow as away from car today

Download Blackvue software and format device via that software.
You need to update firmware on device same happened me.

Will get pictures tomorrow as away from car today

Thanks,

Just formatting it in Windoze, if that don't work I'll try your suggestion

Baz

Use the Blackvue software in Windows and it will work no problem mate

Will do, I used the blackvue software on my Mac as per site instructions, and it launched disk utility, (for formatting etc.), I thought it would be done in the app itself.

Anyway, I'll download it on to the PC laptop and will do it that way

Thanks

Reactions: ruairi83
No, useless POS still doesn't work, I'm too ****** off now to keep trying, I'll wait and see what the support guys say.... GRRRRRR!

Dont install the exe
Go into the other folder & launch the viewer from within the folder (name of folder I viewer I thknk)

Dont install the exe
Go into the other folder & launch the viewer from within the folder (name of folder I viewer I thknk)
Okay, so go in the folder on the SD card, and launch/install that, rather than the downloaded one from their site?

Jeez, it's a lot of pi55ing around!

I'll give that a go in a bit, and let you know.

Thanks (again)

Out of interest, if I buy an "add a circuit blade fuse holder" are they standard size, or mini?

Thanks!

I had the same problem with an 64gig SD card, it worked fine in my phone laptop etc.. but not in the DR650GW.
Found the problem in the end was the card, don't ask me why but for some reason that card with that Blackvue just did not work.
Put another 64gig card in the Blackvue and all worked fine
Hope this helps

I have ordered a larger capacity card, so I'm hoping it will work, but this 16GB Blackvue one is *****, I can't format it to blank, no matter what I try, I have used SDFormatter on Mac and PC, Disk Utility, (Mac), WIndows formatter, Blackvue formatter, and it won't erase, using SDFormatter it showed as blank, when I ejected it and put it back in the USB, it has all the folders on it again!

Doing my head in :rage: :triumph: :weary:

What aftermarket cards are people using with continued success, I have ordered a QUMOX 64GB card, it has great reviews, hopefully it will work okay in the blackvue?

Well, after much to-ing and fro-ing, it turns out to be a dodgy SD card, the Qumox 64GB card arrived and works fine, they're replacing the faulty Blackvue one.

Yet to fit it though!

Reactions: xpoweruk
The fuses, are they standard size; I'm looking to buy piggy back blades or add a circuit type ones?

Thanks

There is 2 types. Normal and mini. I've got a mini (which I've used in other cars) it fits no issues into the audis standard size fuse board.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Hi peeps,

Just bought the above dashcam, and wondered if anyone else has fitted it in an A4 saloon, (I know Amanda has the 550 fitted). What I'm after is images of its placement, front & rear. I'm good for fitting the coax, and sticking them in place, I'm looking for optimum positioning as the front can't go in front of the mirror as its fixed to the screen, and there's the high level brake light at the rear. Always good to have feedback from those that have done it before :0)

And any coax hiding tips if I have to remove anything.

Also, I need a seriously simple guide to wiring the Power Magic Pro in too, I mean a really simple step-by-step!

Thanks in advance

Have a look on here.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/dr650gw-2ch.118/

Just realised you messaged me and I sent you all that lol
My black vue memory card is very flaky too, sometimes the recordings all corrupt, upgraded the firmware last night and it kept failing the format and copying. Got it to work eventually and is updated but i will be binning the standard card for a new one very soon !

The Qumox card works a treat, 64GB for just £10:00 on Amazon, so great price and values, (so far).

Reactions: Meemo
So I installed the front camera, and tucked the coax/power cable in the headliner, how do I remove the covers on the pillars, (by the screen & between doors), do they just pull off, or can I flex them enough to push the coax behind, I don't want to break anything!

Thanks again :0)

I've run the coax, but it's knocked out my DAB! Anyone have a fix, seems to be a common issue, although I think it started with the latest firmware update?

Nipped into an auto electrician and got a couple of circuit connectors for the power magic pro, used two free blade slots, so no messing about with the wiring, will be nice & neat when finished, (pics to follow),

Baz

Ferrite rings from maplin help with the dab/radio

I'm pretty sure it happened when I updated the firmware from v1 to v2, I'll downgrade and check.

Seem to have a dodgy power magic pro too, with a flaky on/off button :(

Here's how I connected it all up, used a small fuse add a circuit, and a large fuse add a circuit, nice & neat, and like Manda, I tucked all the wiring in the dash space. I used the 13mm bolt, (holding the dash), for the earth, and fitted the, (faulty), power magic pro on the right side panel in the footwell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leebroath and xpoweruk
Everyone... This is so not related but I can't seem to find how to post a new thread Could someone just tell me how if possible Sorry for being a pain. Thanks in advance

Everyone... This is so not related but I can't seem to find how to post a new thread Could someone just tell me how if possible Sorry for being a pain. Thanks in advance

Go to the forum you want, and you should see "post new thread" as shown in image...

Reactions: xpoweruk
If any of you buy a DR650GW from eBay, (the official outlet), and want to use the cloud feature, make sure you check it has it if you buy refurbished.

Mines been posted back for the upgrade

I fitted my front blackvue 650 behind the rear view mirror. The reason I did this is because when it rains I wanted the wipers to clear the water off from the line of sight of the camera. The problem was very noticeable in the night when it rained as it reduced the quality of the picture.

The only thing you have to be careful with mounting infront the rear view mirror is you don't cover the sensors on the rear view mirror.

With regards to the rear camera I put it on the left side of the rear brake light and made sure the rear windshield heating elements didn't obstruct the picture.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

How many ferrite rings did you use/would you recommend?

I bought some aluminium tape to do what this guy suggests: - HERE

But long winded, but guaranteed to fix the issue :0)