Anyone fitted 60/40 split rear seats?

Blue_Thunder

Reaction score
Has anyone here fitted split rear seats into a car which only had the solid back seats?

I reckon that there will only be a few extra bits needed to fit folding seats into a saloon with the fixed back, most of which I have.

There is a 'hook' like piece which sits under the 60/40 split. Does anyone have Ekta and know what this part number is? Or even better, is there anyone breaking an A4 with this bit going spare??

im sure ByzanA4 has done this as he has changed his interior recently

The chassis is actually different between cars. You'd need to drill out the spot welds and remove the rear seat back supporting plate.

I havn't done it yet due to a messy divorce etc. It costs under £30 for all the brackets and screws from Vagparts.com. That is as far as i have looked. The rear support deffo needs cutting or removing, and nuts probaly need to be welded into the bosy to mount the pins and brackets.

I have scoured the interweb and cannot find any info on how to do it, but i am sure it can be done

The brackets which hold the back of the rears upright screw through some holes. I was hoping that the holes for the 'hook' to screw into would already be there. Cheers for your info guys. I guess if Vagparts sell the brackets and the screws then it must be possible.

Seemed like a pain in the *** to me, so I held out for another leather interior that didn't have split seats. If you have a scrap yard with one in you can go and compare the layout to yours, and see if you think its worth the hassle.

Maybe even a member with split seats can take a photo to compare.