Anyone else's car do this?

lewy

Reaction score
When i turn my ignition off the power to the stereo is cut, before the key is removed from the barrel. The stereo is an aftermarket job, BUT nothing has been changed to the wiring, and the lights still come on once the key is removed from the barrel - weird huh?

Lewy

The lights come on??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Is that the car lights can still be turned on or the lighting on the stereo is on? Or am I just being thick?

Mine has power all the time. Handy, sometimes, also a pain turning it off at time.

I take it you mean the interior lights? I always have power to my stereo until the key is removed from the ignition, then it shuts up and disappears into the dash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

exactamundo khufu, and yes Mark i'm afraid you are being thick, it's ok it's saturday after all!!

if i remeber correctly when me and my mate "did" the stereo in my a3,....when we wired it up the first time it did exactly what yours does, we then used the trusty multi meter thingy and found a power source that was still on from the iso connector, tested it too see if it stayed on and then off when the key was out of the barrel, wired it up and bobs your uncle!!!!....ie if that doesnt make any sense...just change the port of your iso connector where its getting the power from......anyway im sure thats what we did!!...anybody agree?..ive got a ***** memory!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lewy said:
exactamundo khufu, and yes Mark i'm afraid you are being thick, it's ok it's saturday after all!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Khufu on the ball as ever. My head obviously stuck some place it shouldn't be today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif