1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else get a river when they open the boot??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Irish, May 5, 2004.

1. Irish

Irish Member

Right, it's taken exactly a month for me to find something that pi55es me off with this car and here it is!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

When it has rained and you open the boot, water runs down the inside and spills all over the inside of the boot, a lot of water. Now I work as a DJ so I have CDs in my boot 90% of the time and they're getting ruined.

This has never happened in a car before ever and to me it's not only bloody annoying but a major c*ck up on Audis part.
  2. Naresh

Naresh Member

Yeah I get that too, but not that much water as you mentioned - just a drizzle of water that pours off the tailgate and into the runners but then splashes into the boot - not ideal when you're trying to change the CD's in the changer!
  3. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

Could be only the 8L shape?
    Got the new shape and the water gets in the side runners but never in the boot (on my shoes sometimes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)
    An awfull lot of water though
  4. Naresh

Naresh Member

I'm still getting around to taking some more pics of the car with the new wheels. Not sure how to post the pics on here though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How do we post pics in the Gallery??
  5. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

Irish, mine's exactly the same, must be the Irish weather! where are you djing?
  6. recomdos

recomdos Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Naresh said:
    I'm still getting around to taking some more pics of the car with the new wheels. Not sure how to post the pics on here though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How do we post pics in the Gallery??

[/ QUOTE ]

click on the gallery link, then click my gallery and on the right hand side of the screen there's an upload pic button - try that! you could also put up a post/reply to a post, and when ya check it b4 you click conitinue, u can upload a pic by clickin the browse button (i don't know how to put up multiple pics in one posting - could anyone advise?)! good luck and let me know when ya do, as ur's looks the same colour as mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

don't know then?
    I remember that first time I noticed that slight problem was when I opened the boot after cleaning the car and got really p***ed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif because of all the not-so-clean water just ruining all the hard work on both sides and the back of the car
    So now I just dont open the boot after cleaning the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  8. Irish

Irish Member

@Steph - you should be chamoising that lovely A3 down first anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

@Paul - Ah I think I read about you somewhere recently, you did an interview with a Sunday paper was it? I just remember the S3 sticking out in my mind. I was asked to do same thing but I was changing my Golf GTI and wanted to wait til I got the Audi to show off but I never did it in the end!!

Sorry to say I only do a little old pub gig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif - The Temple Bar bar every Sat night, pretty busy but that's it. Never got into the whole nightclub scene although I'm only 22, there's still time!!
  9. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

I do dry it with chamois leather everytime and that's why I get pi***d off because I have to do it all again!
    Never checked where the water came from though???