Anyone else affected by the Liverpool car park fire?

I assume you were one of the unlucky ones?
Just amazed and delighted nobody was injured.
Hoping insurers deal with things quickly and fairly.

I assume you were one of the unlucky ones?
Just amazed and delighted nobody was injured.
Hoping insurers deal with things quickly and fairly.

Yes :/ well so far its been a bumpy ride with the insurance

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I can see this being a long battle between car insurers and the car park insurers. Ordinarily the car insurance would be liable to pay out but if they can prove the car park is at fault and could have been avoided then they may choose to make a claim against them. Either way, your car insurance should sort it ASAP for you, their claim against he car park shouldn’t impact you.

Not personally but my brother lost his new discovery and 5K of camera kit.
I can’t believe it started on the 3rd floor and spread right to the 6th floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not personally but my brother lost his new discovery and 5K of camera kit.
I can’t believe it started on the 3rd floor and spread right to the 6th floor.

We were parked on the 6th level, and it was starting as we were walking out of the car park, I don't understand how the car park staff didn't contain the fire.

We were parked on the 6th level, and it was starting as we were walking out of the car park, I don't understand how the car park staff didn't contain the fire.

I’ve read that there were no fire extinguishers etc. Andrew had to find his own hotel and make his way home without any help.

I am not sure how much Fire training car park staff would get and if its petrol no chance of containment with fire extinguishers I wouldn't of thought .
Could you not get back to get the car out ? Mind I wouldn't have tried either I don't suppose ,,,.
I am just glad no one was badly injured or killed , Cars can be replaced people cant ...
No doubt some numbskull will try and claim for a car not in the car park and loads of stuff .
How will they know if their car is in car park or not though?

I am not sure how much Fire training car park staff would get and if its petrol no chance of containment with fire extinguishers I wouldn't of thought .
Could you not get back to get the car out ? Mind I wouldn't have tried either I don't suppose ,,,.
I am just glad no one was badly injured or killed , Cars can be replaced people cant ...
No doubt some numbskull will try and claim for a car not in the car park and loads of stuff .
How will they know if their car is in car park or not though?

In my experience most standard place of work fire training would entail fire wardens containing small fires enough to allow safe evacuation of all people including themselves.
Fire training tells people to leave immediately without collecting any personal possessions once the alarm is sounded.
Therefore people would be ill advised to try to return to their car, it's just not worth the risk.
I'm with you regarding cars being replaceable and humans not.
I suspect insurers will be able to check chassis numbers etc on the burnt out cars in most cases?

Reactions: Pinky1959
Media are reporting that victims will be able to claim on the insurance of the car that started the fire. Which makes sense. The car park company won’t be liable.

And who would have thought....a Land Rover with dodgy electrics!!!

What happens if the Land Rover wasn't insured ? . I suspect there will be a few cars in there that weren't insured at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few people try and claim for a car that wasn't involved in the fire. I would have thought they would have some kind of CCTV footage of vehicles going in and out .
You could claim for all kinds of stuff in the car as there won't be any way they would be able to check all the cars.

Media are reporting that victims will be able to claim on the insurance of the car that started the fire. Which makes sense. The car park company won’t be liable.

And who would have thought....a Land Rover with dodgy electrics!!!

Yes the car that started it was the root cause but technically it was the car next to me that caused my car to catch on fire, we have had to claim on our own insurance as we could be waiting weeks for a end result of who's to blame, but if we do get a end person that we can claim off we can claim losses against them and recover our insurance excess for example.

I have parked in there many times during exhibitions, it is a strange layout as the floors are not really individual levels, as you get out of your car, you can see the underside of the car on the next level through the rails at your eye level, the whole floor is like a ramp from one end to the other. Any fire would very quickly spread to the next level in this case.