1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone been to big boyz toys for work on their car?

Rob W8 Mar 7, 2006

1. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Has anyone been here and had work done. Am desperate to get a cambelt, service and remap done. AMD are too expensive, noone answers the phone at Jabba and QST put a tyre on with the rotation going the wrong way the last time I had work done.

Help! Any suggestions. Dont mind travelling to get it all done in a day.

Rob

2. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Have you tried Jabba on this number 01733 211779?
    I've never had any problems gettin through to them.

3. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Or you could Email them

nick@jabbasport.com

Ive been very impressed with my remap and their service since I had it done. About 6 weeks ago one of my coil packs gave up and Nick couldnt have been more helpful. Also their prices for servicing and cambelt change seem very reasonable.

4. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Thats the number. Always engaged, then at 5.30pm on the dot an answerphone message says they are shut! Have emailed as well from the website but no reply.

5. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Agree with the prices for Jabba. Just need them to answer the phone!

Audi £500 ish inc. VAT
    AMD £430 + VAT
    QST £382.17 +VAT (inc water pump as well)
    Jabba £300 all in!!!

BigBoyzToys said they will match Jabba

6. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

I know they have been very busy lately, doing alot more service work than in the past. If you filled in the request form on their website I would suggest emailing Nick direct.

nick@jabbasport.com

7. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Cheers, will do that. Is there anything to do up there whilst the car is getting done?

8. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Theyve got a waiting room with coffee machine, TV, DVD, XBOX and a selection of games and plenty of old car mags to give you more ideas on how to spend your money,

9. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Email sent, wait to hear back!

10. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Hope you get a reply. Mike works wonders on the 1.8T remaps. One of my mates has got a late fwd A3 1.8t (KO3S turbo like yours) and he got 237 bhp from his Jabba remap!

11. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

It would be excellent if he can get that out of mine. Is it still safe though?

12. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

My mates done over 30k since the remap with no problems

13. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Have you had a reply mate?

14. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Nope! and guess what. The phone is still engaged!

15. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Got through finally. £600 for cambelt and waterpump, service, haldex and brake fluid. Only problem is they cannot do that and a custom remap in a day.
    Will probably book it to get done with them and try to sort the remap another time. Too far to go and come back again. Bummer!

16. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[ QUOTE ]
    Got through finally. £600 for cambelt and waterpump, service, haldex and brake fluid. Only problem is they cannot do that and a custom remap in a day.
    Will probably book it to get done with them and try to sort the remap another time. Too far to go and come back again. Bummer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not stay overnight, surely that's cheaper that going back another time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

17. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Glad you finally got through

18. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Thought about staying over bit costs a bit for a nice hotel and I will be with the wife.