1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone been Jabba'd ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by SteveTDCi, Jan 4, 2008.

1. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

I seem to remember a few years ago Jabba were all the rage, but things seem to have gone quite of late. Does anyone on here have one of there remaps either generic or custom and what do you think of it ?

Thanks
    steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Would also like to know this steve. I was looking into them as well, still unsure on who to get my car mapped with. Like the bluefin idea of taking it off but then the remap is £200 more expensive than where I can get it done from.....still confused, also whats the benefits of a custom map to a generic map also do heavily modified cars benefit from a custom map...

4. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

i've had bluefin twice and like the system but if i'm honest out of the 2 cars i've probably only removed 5 times, in fact it was only removed from the golf the other week for when I sold it. Jabba seem ok, my car went there for its last service and it also helps that they are 15mins away.

Generic map is just that, it designed on one car to suit the masses, custom map is specific to your car and takes into account any modifcations, although everycar is different.

5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Indeed! I don't the fact most companies put the torque down on the DSG box when there is no need to. I need to do alot of research before I get the car mapped anyway. Thanks for all the help Steve.

6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I was thinking about getting some new tyres from them...

And i'm only 10 mins from them ;) :nyah:

7. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

Apex tyres mancetter square werrington, cheap and they won't damage your alloys. Be prepared to wait though, Goodyear F1 on my Golf £90 each fitted everything inc, I couldn't buy them online any cheaper.

8. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Thanks for that Steve.

Price sounds good. Is that for 18"s for our sportback?

9. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

Nope that was for the 17's on the Golf, I'd guess the 18's would be around the £100-110 each

10. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Same as Jabba sport then lol.