Anyone been done for doing over 86mph...

28v6

if so what was the outcome and what were the conditions i.e motorway or otherwise? I'm having a debate with a mate of mine as to why he didn't get a fixed fine @ 87mph and instead faces a court appearance.. Oh! and it occured on the motorway in dry conditions is all I've got... I've shown him the break off points that the FPs occur and bow out i.e 86mph is an FP (Fixed Penalty) and a court appearance there after... answers on a postcard... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

118mph. I guess you can work out what happened. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

My mother was pulled over for doing 106mph on an empty motorway at 2am ish, officer offered her a fixed penalty and 3points as it was her first offence in 25years of driving, and reduced the speed to 96mph... so depends on how they are feeling I guess, and wether they fancy the paperwork?

girlfriend got 3 points n fine for 87 mph on a 70 mpg duel carrageway. If there were roadworks with a temp reduced speed maybe?

ohhhhhhhhhhh yes, years ago tho.
99 on the m56 got away with it very narrowly due to the old saying "its not what you know its who you know" lol

didn't know that was the cut off :O i've been lucky with 85mph 3 points and 60quid then!

Been done for 105 average (up to 120mph...) on my bike on the M25 - 7am Sunday morning, late for work etc etc. Got a 2 week ban and £300 fine.

Also been done for 75mph for 100 yards on the A120 (dual carriage way, 70mph speed limit, once again on a bike) - ok I had hit 170mph and they had been trying to catch me for 6 miles in their Mondeo - all they could measure was the 75mph when I hit traffic and slowed right down. 3 points for that one...

Greg

you got off good, bet you saved £300 quid easy not using the bike for 2 weeks n' all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1n 1993, I overtook an unmarked police car in a normal 60 limit. He clocked me over one mile at 86.97MPH average. This was in my first car, a chavved up 1.2 Nova. I got 3 points and £40 fine. He said I should be in court for anything over 25MPH above the limit but he was kind since it was my first offence.

In 1999, I got done on the M62 doing 92MPH. I got 3 points and £40 fine.

[ QUOTE ]
My mother was pulled over for doing 106mph on an empty motorway at 2am ish, officer offered her a fixed penalty and 3points as it was her first offence in 25years of driving, and reduced the speed to 96mph... so depends on how they are feeling I guess, and wether they fancy the paperwork?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never did have anything thru the post Joe, hehe luky me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never did have anything thru the post Joe, hehe luky me

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, told you not to worry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

87 on M27 - 3points
98 on M3 - 3 points
97 on M3 - 3 points
107.5 on M3 (12 month ban as already on 9 points)

On a motorway in good conditions you'd be unlucky to even get stopped for anything up to 85.
85-95/6/7/8 it's a fixed penalty
anything over 99mph and its court time
Just to add a little excitement the threshold changes from county to county but there's always some wriggle room as the Police generally do pull you over (rather than do it through the post), so if you're a decent looking bird you'll get a slap on the **** and be on your way, if you're an obnoxious ugly tw@t like me they generally throw the book at you.
My record speaks for itself:
speeding offences - 12 in 18 years
accidents - zero
Death toll - zero

Speed kills, yeah right

104 in a dual carriageway - mobile camera (wedged halfway up a tree I think) in my ex Mk4 GTI Turbo (prior to photo I was doing VW book speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif)

Got the NIP very quickly and then had to wait 5 months for a local court appearence.

535 fine/costs, 6 pts, no ban

I only got away with the ban because I spoke to the Clerk of the Court who advised me of the 'right' things to say in court. Plus I had a letter from my boss detailing my character and need of transport and a totally amazing duty solicitor.

PM me if you want specifics...

Good Luck..

Dik

Good road that one GregC, i nearly got nicked a little while ago doing well over 120mph on that road racing myself, the copper was in the layby with the gun, i did not see him at all, next thing i know some iditot pulled straight out in front of me into the outer lane, i just slammed on the brakes and nearly hit the car up the **** (thankgod they did pull out otherwise i would have gone past doing more that 120), the copper definatly saw this and was probably waiting for the right time to shoot anyway i saw him checking his gun, i then went past and he stared at me quite upset i think.

I was also banned for 2 weeks when i was 18 coming out of southend after a night cruising in my 5GT. Racing another car we were clocked doing 76mph in a 40mph side by side, at this point neither of us realised that we were being chased, we then went onto 125+ pretty much flat to the floor when i spotted blue lights in the distance, i immediatley decided to slow down without breaking. The other guy was still behind me and had not seen the police, i pulled over and this guy came up beside me waving for me to carry on racing, by this time the traffic police were right behind him, he then pulls over erratically into the slow lane to let them past not realising it was us they were chasing, they then sailed straight past and round the next corner, i was still only doing about 60mph, when we got round to the next bend I could see all the traffic had stopped and the 2 coppers walking down the middle of the road. coming straight for me and this other guy, they pointed at me first and told me to get my car off the road along with the other guy. both of us bumped up onto the kerb and then got the bad news. He told me instantly that i would be banned. I had only had my car for 3 weeks.

2 months later both of us were in court for the same charges, i got off with a 2 week ban and £150. Lucky i think.

Thought i would share that with everyone.