1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone actually spotted a new a3 on the road...?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rockstar, Jul 25, 2003.

1. rockstar

rockstar Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    just wondering? as i aint seen one as yet although my missus has seen one (which i believe was the demo one as it was very near audi lancaster liverpool)might be wrong though....

has the the reception for the new a3 been a bit luke warm or is it just my imagination...id be interested to see how many have sold!

maybe peeps are waiting for the next releases (in november?)

I personally cant really make my mind up on it...kinda prefer the original,although i do think the front looks better,but as for the rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif.....

kinda geeting a real "soft" spot or the a4 cab...bit tastey..one day maybe... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. mramage

mramage Member

[Jul 25, 2003]

Yep, I've seen one. At first I thought it was a Seat Ibiza /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

When it got closer it looked nicer though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  4. Speedo

Speedo Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    some bugger had one at the place i work - 1.9Tdi looked pretty mean!! Some ppl have all the money!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
  5. S3DBW

S3DBW Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    Had a test drive in one, unfortunately is was the diesel, however I was well impressed with the general build quality and driving position. Turbo diesel was quite responsive and despite not having sport suspension handled quite well.

If they ever get round to making an S version or even better an RS version, then I will definately go for it.

regards
  6. will_S3

will_S3 Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    yup i have they look really quite good in the flesh much better than i had thought from pics and the colour helped nice gray, think will be a really nice car just hope does go like the golf and appear everywhere
  7. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    Yep, seen a dealer one and two private cars. Buggers. Can't wait till mine arrives.

Kev.
  8. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    Have to agree with Will - the new A3 looks alot better in the flesh! I saw one parked up in someone's driveway last week in Birmingham - must have been a demo car an employee took home!

Only the fact I have seen pics on here months ago did I know it was the new A3, whereas my mate said "is that the new Fiat Stillo?" !! Being a fan of the new A3 I almost thumped him!!

Peronally I love the front end but the rear seems too similar to the many other emerging hatches out there!
  9. amoffat

amoffat Member

[Jul 25, 2003]
    Saw them at the launch and I have seen 1 or 2 on the roads. Nowt special really... IMO, not a big enough step forward, too conservative. But thats what I thought about the last one untilt the S3 came out.

I got a real bad feeling that the new Golf (from pics I've seen) is going to be a real looker in comparison /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  10. rockstar

rockstar Member

[Jul 26, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Naresh said:
    Peronally I love the front end but the rear seems too similar to the many other emerging hatches out there!

[/ QUOTE ]

have to agree with you on that...dont like the rear..think thats what turns me off from it,front end looks aggressive though!

saw the rear of an new avant and that was really nice,why coudnt the rear look like that (ie clusters,shape etc) or am i just stupid! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  11. rockstar

rockstar Member

[Jul 26, 2003]
    actually saw 2 new a3's today(silver/blue),well they where together and sitting on a truck both ouside audi lancaster (warrington)!

cant say that i was overly impressed......maybe in time....
  12. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Jul 26, 2003]
    I think the front end looks meaner now that the new shape lights give the impression the bonnet extends over them, like the "bad boy" bonnets you see on some Golf's and other modded cars!

I think it will look even better once the V6 is out, hopefully with a sporty front spoiler and rear roof spoiler like the S3's!

Have to admit after seeing the new Golf artistic impressions that is looks very tasty indeed, and a vast improvement over the current overweight MK4!!
  13. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    I think you'll find that when the 3.2 comes out in November is will look the same as the other A3's although it will only be available in "Sport" spec.
  14. ianmack

ianmack Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    I seen one and liked it...thought it was an estate at first!!
    Dunno if the chassis longer or if its a longer wheelbase!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif
  15. Drill

Drill Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    Yeah Ian, wheelbase is longer, track is wider, but the height is actually lower (Not sure of the numbers though)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  16. CARACTERE007

CARACTERE007 Member

[Jul 27, 2003]
    i hate it...looks horrible but i like the interior..
  17. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 27, 2003]
    The new golf looks a bit surprised, a bit Japanese.
  18. Drill

Drill Member

[Jul 28, 2003]
    Yeah, I've gotta say, IMO Audi did a MUCH better job on the A3, than VW did with the new Golf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  19. will_S3

will_S3 Member

[Jul 28, 2003]
    that very true saw a bright yellow a3 yesterday and didnt look as good as the gray met a saw the other day
  20. Drill

Drill Member

[Jul 28, 2003]
    One thing though. I got to sit in, and admire a Lava Gray A3 at the dealers on Saturday. While the interior isn't as nice as I'd thought, the sport seats are quite comfy, even for my fat ass, and with the exception of the (Missing) arm reat, the driving position was nice. The "TT" inspired air vents turned me off a bit, as the don't really flow with the dash very well. And the Lava Gray was a VERY sweet looking color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  21. lost_it

lost_it Member

[Jul 28, 2003]
    yes a canary yellow one