anyoen looking for a big brake kit

They look awesome. ATE powerdiscs have been used for a LONG time on US cars.

Please let me know what the calipers are like and what they are like in general when you get them.

Am about to order a Brembo kit for mine, £900 though, this kit makes me think twice....

At half the price of a Brembo kit it is interesting.

Two piece so the weight of the ATE's will be the same or lighter than Brembos.

As they are two piece the heat will dissapate better so far less chance of them warping.

ATE Powerdiscs have been used in USA VAG circles for a VERY long time and have an excellent reputation.

The ATE calipers are one piece, so they should flex less than the horrible two piece Brembo kit calipers.

The only thing that might let the whole kit down would be the pads.

Overall, if the kit performs as I expect, it'd make mokery of the 800-900 that brembo want for an inferior kit.

im sure you could get a set of ferrodo ds2500's if you drew the shape of the pad and took it to your local ferrodo dealer if the pads on them are *****, at £500 they are a bargain, some companys charge around £1300 for this kit,

The Brembo kits good, but its REALLY starting to show its age.

Two piece calipers, heavy, expensive discs do not compare to monoblock calipers and two piece discs in any way, epsecially if those newer technology kits are now 2/3rd the price of the Brembo kit.

Remember that two piece discs are cheaper to replace too as you retain the bells, they dissipate heat better and they tend to be lighter (as the bells are usually aluminium and not cast once piece discs)

Those calipers look EXACLTY like Brembo monobloc Porsche Boxster fronts, so I reckon there would be a Ferodo DS2500 pad already made for them.

I take it that this kit wont fit ausi s3 8l or are 1.8t and s3 brakes the same?

yeah it will fit, i have bought a set for my s3 , and these brakes should be 100 times better than the crappy s3 brakes, hence the reason i am taking mine of to replace them with these

sounds good but one problem im about £499 short.lol.ill kepp my eye on them as my front discs are worn and want to upgrade

on the car now and work great, here are some pics. they are on 19" bbs lm's so discs may look a bit small

DSCI0287.jpg

DSCI0286.jpg

DSCI0288.jpg

They look real nice.
Do you think they would fit under 17's?
I'm very tempted

they fit under the 17s fine, had them on my 17s yesterday as i needed spacers to space the lm's out

yeah, all seems great, the brakes work a treat, dont get no brake fade at all with these ones, how ever much i give it,