Anybodys parking sensors failed?

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Reaction score
I got in my car today, put it in reverse, and instead of the normal bleep,there was a different pitched, prolonged bleep which means the sensors are knackered!! In the 10 months I've owned the car, I have become very used to parallel parking with the aid of the sensors and I'm now scared I'm gonna hit something!!

Has anybody else had the problem?

Any suggestions what may cause it?

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Help would be much appreciated

RyanJonS4

few things, clean the sensors, check the wiring to them, login with vcds for errors, I suspect its just one sensor thats gone or the controller, I doubt its a huge expensive repair if you are handy as such, report back vcds log then can maybe help you rather than rushing to audi, I have bought 4 new sensors on ebay for 35 euros before, they're £75 each from audi, so always check on there 1st.

I had a sensor go on my S6, Its about £65 from Audi for a new sensor, I ending up getting 2 from german ebay for 20 euro.. So take the sensor out (pulls out from back) and get the part number and start looking for a replacement.

How will i know which ones gone though?
there 8 on my car and i don't really want too replace all of them!.....especially if they need painting aswell!!

Read my post again mate, get VCDS on it to check for the errors, process of elimination is another method, plenty of guys around oldham who will assist just for quick scan of the cars network.