1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody work in the SMS / Mobile market?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fasteddie, Mar 4, 2006.

1. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
    Hi, a long shot I know but I am looking for contacts within any of the four networks that have knowledge of the SMS/MMS market, both from a technicle innovation point of view and a marketing point of view. If you know anyone like that or you are one please let me know, cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. nickel101

nickel101 Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
    i'm not from the mobile industy, but have used the sms services for our own solution.

what do you need to know?
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Mar 4, 2006]

I work for a swedish telco company supplying hardware/services for the main opco's in the UK.
    I work within the arae your after as a technical architect so may be able to help.

J.
  5. Charlies604

Charlies604 Member

[Mar 5, 2006]
    I did 3 and a half years Retail for O2... so may be able to help in some areas!
  6. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Mar 6, 2006]
    I went for an interview at a company that specalises in sending SMS / uses of SMS technology and WAP etc, they might be worth a call as they're about the only global company in this area - or were at the time.

http://www.netsize.com/
  7. imported_Nigma

imported_Nigma Guest

[Mar 6, 2006]
    I work as an Engineer in Technical Marketing for ARM in cambridge. We design the processors for 90% of the worlds mobile phones. Might be able to help with technical and roadmaps etc..
  8. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

[Mar 6, 2006]
    www.winplc.com

try link above, those bar stewards have been sending me messages at £1.50 ago
  9. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

[Mar 6, 2006]
    Thanks folks, I didn't think I'd get a single reply let alone 6 in such a short time. The detail on this is that I am looking for contacts within the network operators as we have developed a patent protected personalised message service that we wish to offer to mobile networks worldwide. I have looked at the netsize site it looks interesting, I already know people inside WIN and have been in touch but it is very early at the moment, should the service go live in this country you can say you heard it here first.
  10. NEiLS3LK51

NEiLS3LK51 Member

[Mar 7, 2006]
    Hi Eric,

After looking at your request I would advise you to contact the network operators corporate customers rather than the network operators directly. The revenue from your application will go mainly to ESME rather than the network provider so they will be the ones interested. The large customers would include mBlox (crazy frog people - one of the largest: http://www.mblox.com/mblox/home/home.asp), Ericsson, End2end, WIN and AQ Limited.

I will forward your email onto our marketing people but its very unlikely that they will get in touch as they are more interested in the revenue generated form the corporate customer ordering shortcodes rather than them offering services that would jepordise their relationship with their customer.

Regards
    The Girlfriend
  11. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

[Mar 12, 2006]
    Thanks GF
    However looking at the way the corporate customers work, in that you text them (on a short number) for some service or product, I don’t think they are the people I need to speak to. The service we have patented is designed for one end user to send a personalised SMS directly to a target phone. We are currently rolling this out in Brazil and Israel and it is the networks that derive the revenue potential, it is possible for the corporate customers to sell additional content for this service however most of the content is provided directly to network operators for resale.
    I PM'd the details over if you have any questions let me know