1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody with VCDS and a 2.0 TDI BKD Engine, willing to get a value for me?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wabby, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Wabby

Wabby Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 16, 2011]
    If anybody has access to VCDS and have a 2.0 TDI BKD engine, please could you see what your values are in the following screen:

Channel 5 of Adaptation on Engine.

This channel holds the details for cold starts, and I think myn has been messed with - hence wanting a stock value if anybody has them?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

[Oct 16, 2011]
    I'll get it for you this evening if no one has posted in the mean time.
    The wife has taken the car for the day.

I read your other thread, you were able to search elsawin to find that problem? How did you do that?
    I've got elsawin but don't use it that much as I've to run it in windows virtual pc (xp mode).
  4. Wabby

[Oct 16, 2011]
    I just browsed:

Technical Product Info > Engine > Function > Engine problems involving starting behaviour > Cold engine difficult to start, misfires and has white smoke.

Low and behold, my exact symptoms, and my engine code and year is the exact requirement for resolution by ECU software upgrade.

IF I can make relevant changes using VCDS I will, otherwise its a trip to the dealers with my pants down!

BUT: Anything is better than my first assumption of porous/cracked cylinder head :D
    zippyijk likes this.
  5. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

[Oct 16, 2011]
    Yeah definitely!
    I had the porous head problem, got it fixed but cost a fortune :(
    It not the cost that annoyed me its the fact I could have gotten a load of mods done with that money :)

Cool, I'll try that out next time. Didn't realise you could search like that in elsawin.
  6. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

[Oct 16, 2011]
    Right went to check it there but getting a security access error for that channel. Do you know what the security pin should be or how to get it?
  7. Wabby

[Oct 17, 2011]
    Its OK now mate. I have discovered that I cannot change that value on this ECU anyhow - It seems to vary based upon the previous starting conditions.

Trip to Audi for the software update me thinks.

Cheers anyhow mate :)