1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody with VAG-COM near Preston, (Lancashire?)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by djarchive, Mar 15, 2010.

1. djarchive

djarchive Member

[Mar 15, 2010]
    Simple request.

Money and/or copious amounts of Beer offered in return. Would even was your Car to within a inch of its life too :sorry:

Got a shed loads of issues / wouldn't mind them being looked at please by somebody in the know-how.

Thank you.

(From a person in great need)
    Joe

:bye:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. FactionOne

FactionOne Well-Known Member

[Mar 15, 2010]
    You're in luck... I've Hex-USB+CAN and I'm up at my folks until tomorrow night/wednesday lunchtime (near the RPH).

We've only one small problem though, my laptop is almost flat and I've left the charger(s) 260 miles in a roughly south-westerly direction. If you've got a laptop, or we can be fast as hell, we're all good...

PM on the way...

Rob.
  4. martin g

martin g [censored]

[Mar 15, 2010]
    To save another thread and maybe its usefull for Joe too...can someone direct me to the correct vagcom i need for a 2001 S3 please? plenty on ebay but i dunno what im looking at. I assume i need the lead and the software so a bundle would be good! ta
  5. FactionOne

FactionOne Well-Known Member

[Mar 15, 2010]
    Most of the leads on eBay are counterfeit, and are ropey to say the least. They'll only work with either a crappy old version of the software, or a hacked-to-death version included. Updates/future versions won't work at all.

As regards a genuine interface/software licence, you'd be alright with a KII USB (K-Line diagnostic vehicles only), but to be honest it's not all that much more expensive to get a HEX-USB+CAN, and at least you can be confident that lead will be compatible with (CAN-bus diagnostic) cars you might buy in the future, or mates' etc...

Full details of the packages available here: http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

There are official UK distributers who can supply once you're ready to buy...

Regards,

Rob.
  6. martin g

martin g [censored]

[Mar 15, 2010]
    cheers Rob, I will get one from the guys you recommend.

....although i didnt realise they cost that much !
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  7. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 15, 2010]