Anybody want tomtom go voices ?

I

imported_Smudge973

If anyone is interested I have 13 tomtom go voices avaialble - These are selling on Ebay for £5 They include - Dead easy to install

1 - Arnold Swarzenegger
2 - Clint Eastwood
3 - Homer Simpson
4 - Lady Newsreader
5 - Ozzy Osbourne - Swearing Version
6 - Ozzy - With no swearing
7 - Sean Connery
8 - Yoda
9 - Austin Powers
10 - Darth vader
11 - Joanna Lumley
12 - Partick Stweart
13 - Sharon Osbourne

Ozzy is funny " take the 3rd exit on the FU***NG left "

Just PM me with your Email and you can have them - I'll tell you how to install !

Cheers guys

Thanks Smudge! PM sent.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Smudge! PM sent.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

On the way ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

p.s - If anyones replies to my email please remove the files first !!!

pm`d you my email /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

To all those who have asked for the voices - I'll Email later tonight after 8pm - Just off to bath the kids, if anyone else wants it then PM me before 8pm and I'll send to all then.

[ QUOTE ]
Would they work with a Navman ICN510?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont think they will - Sorry !

Smudge - got them all working, thank you!!!

theyre all entertaining - but I cant resist the Joanna Lumley one! very good indeed..

"Turn left, sweetie.."

"Darling, you have reached your destination.."

very good! Best voice for satnav!

Yaseen - Your Email does not work and I cant Pm you ?

Do you have instructions on how to get them to work on TomTom with a Palm or is it just PocketPCs?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have instructions on how to get them to work on TomTom with a Palm or is it just PocketPCs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Scotty
I would presume it would be the same on any Tomtom as the software is the same - Just create a folder at route called voices and dump all the files from my email into this folder and hey presto - bad a bing

But it's not an easy thing on a Palm. I don't even believe they use WAV files hence my question.

p.s. If you could let me take a look then I'll see if I can do anything. Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. If you could let me take a look then I'll see if I can do anything. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please PM with Email I'll sent the files.

They are not .wav files - Try it I'm sure it will work !

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen - Your Email does not work and I cant Pm you ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I had PM`s off as in event of banned/site troubles Pm`s dissapear whereas emails stay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

try this one instead

yaseen@mail2uk.com

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I've just them working on my Palm.

For anyone else with one, you need to drop the two files (you don't need the bitmap) in to the "TomTom" directory on the SD card. When you go to change voice it doesn't always match with the description (e.g. Clint Eastwood is meant to be a female voice) but they all function correctly.

Cheers Smudge

It's a bit dodgy sending those voices as the people on ebay are selling them illegaly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

They are nicked from voiceskins.com

on a side note if anyone wants the John Cleese original voice I may know where to get it *cough* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)